We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Issues with advanced purchse of ULTRAMAR tickets online

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Issues with advanced purchse of ULTRAMAR tickets online

Has anyone tried purchasing tickets for the Ultramar ferry through their website ahead of time? I completed their process and have yet to recieve any follow-up confirmation email. I also realized that I entered the wrong date and have attempted to contact them via email 3 seperate times and have yet to hear anything back from the company. I also tried their phone number listed and couldn't get through. Any suggestions from Isla veterans?

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,711 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Issues with advanced purchse of ULTRAMAR tickets online

I never tried to purchase in advance. Not really surprised about problems with email. Many times Mexican companies are not very good at responding to emails.

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
126 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Issues with advanced purchse of ULTRAMAR tickets online

That is exactly why I don't buy in advance! It is so simple to buy tickets at the dock so that is what we do.

I don't think having the wrong dates will be a problem. If the tickets are like the ones you buy at the dock they are good any time...

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,959 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Issues with advanced purchse of ULTRAMAR tickets online

I've heard that all you get is a receipt and you still have to take it to the ticket window to get your actual ticket, it saves you no time.

Having the wrong date won't be an issue, it isn't reserved seating.

Did you use a credit card to purchase? I think I'd try to have it cancelled if it has gone through and pay when you get there.

Edited: 2:44 pm, April 27, 2013
Wild Rose, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Issues with advanced purchse of ULTRAMAR tickets online

I also tried it in January before our February trip. It appeared that it went through, was waiting for confirmation. I emailed, never heard anything either. I checked and was never charged though, and just bought tickets at the dock.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
771 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Issues with advanced purchse of ULTRAMAR tickets online

Yes, purchasing ferry tickets is ridiculously easy and there is absolutely no reason to purchase them beforehand....literally the booth is at the dock, sometimes there is a few people in line but I've never waited more than a minute or two to get them.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Issues with advanced purchse of ULTRAMAR tickets online

A lot of regular visitors don't even purchase round trip--because it's so easy and quick to buy tickets and that way they don't have to worry about losing their return tickets.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Issues with advanced purchse of ULTRAMAR tickets online

Thanks for your reply. It's good to know that someone else has gone through these issues.

I know tickets are easy to purchase at the dock but I figured if there is anything I could take care of ahead of time I would. So much for planning ahead. Oh well, I'm still beyond excited for our time on Isla.

8. Re: Issues with advanced purchse of ULTRAMAR tickets online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 30, 2014