We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Music and Snorkeling near Avalon Bridge question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
451 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Live Music and Snorkeling near Avalon Bridge question

28 days until we leave for our trip! We will be staying in Akumal for the first 1/2 and arrive on isla on a Sunday (staying 5 nights). After reading the forum it sounds like Sunday is a lively day on the island so we are planning to get to Isla early. We are planning to use USA transfers becuase they have always been great on prior trips! A few questions..

Staying at PA. We will have carryon only... I assume PA has a safe place to store our bags until they will let us check in?

Snorkeling at the Avalon bridge: is there a beach bar to hang out snorkel (we have our own gear)at get a snack drinks and snorkel? We will also most likely attempt to go to Kings Bath and eat drink at Avalon if they let us at some point in the trip.

Bahia Tortuga- It sounds like this is the place on Sunday for some live rock music? I believe we will need to get a cab there...if there is another place to check out for rock music we are interested. We will also be checking out the live music at PA of course.

When we arrive on sunday we are also planning to locate Captain Tony near Olivia and book snorkeling/whale shark tours.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,336 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Music and Snorkeling near Avalon Bridge question

Fenix Lounge is right by the bridge to Avalon. It's fairly new and most people really like it. They also have live music. There is a lot of live music info under the Top Question on Nightlife.

Bahia Tortuga is a fun place just south of town--a very quick cab ride or a longish walk. It's next door to Soggy Peso.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,108 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Music and Snorkeling near Avalon Bridge question

Fenix beach club right by the bridge to Avalon would be perfect. You could combine snorkeling with good food and drinks, and they have live music on Sundays from 3 - 5. Bahia Tortuga is walkable but will take you a good 15 - 20 minutes or so from PA , depending on your pace. Cabs are plentiful and cheap so that's always an option. Rock and Roll from 6:30 - 8:30.

I assume PA will have a place for your luggage. Don't know for sure as I never needed to store any.

LOL posted same time DM ;)

Edited: 11:06 am, April 20, 2013
Fort Nelson, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Music and Snorkeling near Avalon Bridge question

Yes, PA will store your luggage.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live Music and Snorkeling near Avalon Bridge question

Kelly's Restaurant and Bar at Avalon has a Buffet lunch and seating is outside on the patio.Food was good and the views are awesome, but I am not sure if you can eat there if you are not staying at Avalon. The only time I ate there was when I was staying in the villa's at Avalon. Also PA does have an area to securely store your luggage until you can check in.

Edited: 11:39 am, April 20, 2013
Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
547 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live Music and Snorkeling near Avalon Bridge question

Does Fenix have the live music on Sundays in summer? We will be there in July and it sounds like a good place to check out but being low season I was wondering if they still have it.

Edited: 2:29 pm, April 20, 2013
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
162 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live Music and Snorkeling near Avalon Bridge question

Fenix is the place to go for sure....lots of fun!!! I'm not sure if they have live entertainment on Sundays as well, but Saturday afternoon is just a blast. Great food as well.

Bahia Tortuga, Soggy Peso and Las Iguanas are all great bars to stop and have a drink or several at...and they are all right beside each other basically. Las Iguanas is on the other side of Soggy Peso just past El Milagro. You'd have fun at any of them!

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
451 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live Music and Snorkeling near Avalon Bridge question

Excellent Thanks everyone! I am happy to hear that the Soggy Peso and Bahia Tortuga are walkable as well :) Snorkeling a beach bar and live music in one spot? what more can you as for!

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live Music and Snorkeling near Avalon Bridge question

When we were there in February Fenix had live music on Sunday. Great place to go to.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,108 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live Music and Snorkeling near Avalon Bridge question

Yes, according to Wentcoastal's blog Fenix has music Saturday and Sunday. Under the main picture there are a few listings so just click music for who is playing where and when.

http://www.aboutislamujeres.blogspot.com/

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live Music and Snorkeling near Avalon Bridge question

BTW my profile pic was taken at Fenix on our last day there.