We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US cable stations in Mexico

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Austin
Level Contributor
323 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
US cable stations in Mexico

My apologies in advance for the tv related question. But does anyone know if you can get the US cable networks FX and/or FuelTV in Mexico? Also, has anyone tried and had any luck streaming pay-per-view? I am wondering if I have any chance of being able to watch a couple of UFC events going on in May while on vacation. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US cable stations in Mexico

FX and many US cable stations are available but the schedules are different -so sometimes if Series 8 is airing in the U.S. you will only get Series 7 airing in Mexico! Streaming is difficult because a) your IP will be Mexican and you may have permission issues and b) the internet speed may not be good enough.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US cable stations in Mexico

I stream US TV to my laptop via slingbox - no problem as long as the internet is reliable in MX. Which can be an issue but I record what I want on my DVR so I can rewind/pause/etc while in MX.

You might get JAX to show your programming - stop by and talk with Michael at Jax.

Slingbox is by far the most reliable way to get exactly what you have at home in MX.

Mike

3. Re: US cable stations in Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 10, 2014