We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh no, now !?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Oh no, now !?

Been looking forward to this 3 week trip for months now. Have had every known bug there is travel around the day care all winter long. Never did I catch a thing and I'd like to think it's because I'm a believer in the flu and pneumonia shot. Weeellllll, woke up yesterday so sick. Oh well, too bad, I loaded up on cold and flu meds and will tough it out. Just hope I can make it through the airports without feeling too dizzy. I will go to bed extra early tonight cuz have to get up at 3am for the trek to the airport. I will sleep it off while hubby drives. So cannot wait to hit Bally Hoo's.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,120 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oh no, now !?

I'll bet the warmth of the Isla sun will do you wonders. As will a Margarita, purely for medicinal purposes, mind you. Good luck and feel better!

Indy
Level Contributor
465 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oh no, now !?

That happened to me a couple years ago. Trust me, once you get out of the Cancun airport, transfer to the ferry it will all go away. That ferry ride over does wonders.

Council Bluffs, Iowa
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oh no, now !?

Bally Hoo, margarita, Isla sun, awwww, feeling a lil better already just thinking about it.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
135 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oh no, now !?

Sending you waves (!) of healing light, bestgrammy! Isla will cure what ails you! :)

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,768 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oh no, now !?

Feel better! I agree, a day or so on Isla and the nice warm weather (and those medicinal margaritas) will clear it right up :)

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oh no, now !?

Can't think of a better place to ride out a bug. Feel better and enjoy your stay.

kansas city
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Oh no, now !?

Are you driving to KCI? That's where I'll be leaving from on the 10th...then to Bally Hoos for me too.

Council Bluffs, Iowa
Level Contributor
366 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oh no, now !?

Yes, we drive to KCI to fly out. Cheaper than Omaha or Des Moines.

Boston
Level Contributor
604 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oh no, now !?

I agree with the others! The sun and salt air will work wonders.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oh no, now !?

Find yourself a nice warm spot on Playa Norte and let the sun and sand warm you all day. Also, it's well known that Tequila is an effective anti parasitic, who knows maybe it has some antimicrobial properties as well. I'd say give it a try at the absolute least the side effects of the medicine should make you forget you are feeling sick. Hope the cold wraps up quickly and you can enjoy your time on Isla.