We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House Reviews Posted

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
House Reviews Posted

Just wanted to let all you good people know that I just posted reviews for Casa Neza (loved it) and Casa Tranquila (not so much) from our visit Mar 16 to Mar 30, 2013. We had a wonderful time, as usual. Highlight for me was the Induna Sunset Catamaran Cruise - I've always wanted to go on a catamaran and I even got to steer for a little bit! As well as driving the scooter around with DH on the back and not wrecking! DH enjoyed a wreck drive with Pablo and the wonderful Enrique at Casa Del Buceo dive shop. As usual, we ate very well. Some of the new places we tried and enjoyed:

Seso Locos

El Veradero (that chicken dish is heaven- thanks MapChick!)

Los Fueguito steak house - great atmosphere & attentive staff

Bally Hoo

memorable meal at Lolo Lorena's

Soggy Peso's BBQ Ribs, Cheeseburger in Paradise, and my trip favorite - the seafood/fish tacos with the "strawberry" sauce that's not really made out of strawberries, but will definitely give you a kick in the keester. (we had never ate at SP before, just stopped for drinks)

Bahia Tortuga - steak/cheese sandwich was delicious

Los iguanas - the chicken fajita pizza was pretty good, we got it to go one evening - interesting on a scooter.

And went back to some of our favorites:

Breakfast at Cazuella M&J, the loncherias and Mango Cafe

Dinner at Lola Valentina - I love this place and have NEVER had a bad meal there

Chuuk Kay

Poc Chuk - seafood mixto ceviche is the bomb, perfectly prepared and so fresh

All in all, another fabulous trip (our 3rd and the longest). Instead of being depressed about being back to reality, I have to remind myself HOW VERY BLESSED I AM that I could even take and experience a vacation like this.

Thanks to all of you for your posts and updates that made our time on Isla fabulous!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,843 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House Reviews Posted

Sounds like a great trip with great food! I'll check out your reviews when they post.

I'd like to hear more about Casa del Buceo--they were the one dive shop that had nobody on hand to talk to me when I went around checking them all out. I did get to see the shop. What did your husband like about them? What didn't he like?

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House Reviews Posted

Yes, it's a small shop so sometimes when we stopped by Pablo wasn't there and we had to try back later. Don't know if you'll remember, they took me diving for the first time ever last year and I had a great experience. Pablo and Enrique are very attentive and very flexible. We both did a reef dive (manchones) together this year and then DH did the wreck drive the following day. It was just him and Enrique (DH isn't a certified diver) so I'm sure he liked the one-on-one. I'll let you know if he has any other comments.

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House Reviews Posted

Well, he's not much help. His response:

The least: not seeing my wife in a scuba suit

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,877 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: House Reviews Posted

Fantastic report!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,843 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: House Reviews Posted

LOL. But I do always appreciate sarcasm.

Yes, I think it was your mention of them from your last trip that prompted me to go see what they were all about. Obviously a small shop, since when they are out on a dive there's nobody left behind to deal with potential customers.

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: House Reviews Posted

Here we go, I guess he just needed to collect his thoughts. More feedback on Casa del Buceo from DH:

The best was dive master looked for things for me to see under the water, very helpful with the equipment, was very friendly and looked after my safety. The only thing I did not like was the round rungs of the ladder to get out of the water. I would go back to then for more dives.

Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
547 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: House Reviews Posted

I love that you say how you are not being depressed about being back but rather consider yourself blessed to have been able to go. That is a great attitude and one that I always try to have on the return trip! Makes it a little easier when boarding that flight in cancun. :)

york pa
Level Contributor
615 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: House Reviews Posted

where are the reviews posted ? can't find them

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: House Reviews Posted

Me either. Been looking since this was posted.

Edited: 12:32 pm, April 05, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,843 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: House Reviews Posted

I think they were submitted on the 2nd. It takes about a week to get them posted, especially if there are photos.