We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last question..Privelege Aluxes or Ixchel???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Hammond
Level Contributor
204 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Last question..Privelege Aluxes or Ixchel???

If you all would indulge me 1 last time, I have through way too much studying, whittled my choices to Ixchel or Privelege Aluxes...which do you think you would choose?? Nautbeach looks nice too, just looks a little further away from the action?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,211 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last question..Privelege Aluxes or Ixchel???

Nautibeach is actually between the two and has an excellent beach area. Not to confuse you further.

But between PA and Ixchel, you couldn't go wrong with either. It just depends whether you want a resort (PA) or condo (Ixchel). If you plan to spend a lot of time relaxing at your hotel, PA makes more sense. If you want a kitchen, or don't need resort amenities, you might be happier at Ixchel (or Nautibeach).

Hammond
Level Contributor
204 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last question..Privelege Aluxes or Ixchel???

Thanxx, D...with all of the food I'm reading about, I am leaning hard to PA, could run down and get wifey breakfast, then go tooling around the Isle while she comes slowly back to life! i could go map out the day and maybe keep from getting lost. When we went on day trip last year, by the time I had an sembelence of where we were, it was time to turn the cart in and catch the ferry back to Cancun.

Edited: 12:52 am, March 09, 2013
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,863 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last question..Privelege Aluxes or Ixchel???

I've stayed at both and loved both for different reasons. I have a slight preference for PA (better, less crowded beach and much better pools). But as DM said, you can't go wrong with either. Ixchel is less expensive, but then PA includes a buffet breakfast.

Hammond
Level Contributor
204 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last question..Privelege Aluxes or Ixchel???

PA it is, waiting to hear final tally for changing flights!

Wisconsin Dells...
Level Contributor
239 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last question..Privelege Aluxes or Ixchel???

If you guys like hanging out at the beach and enjoy food & beverage,alcoholic or non alcoholic.You will get you money back on the AI price with just the excellent beach service,drinks and food.My wife and I easily would have spent over $100 a day at the beach for what we consumed.You can relax under a Palapa all day long and the guys will be bringing you liquid refreshments before you finish the one you are consuming.The beach menu for food is great or you can take 20 steps over to Cafe del Mar and eat there if you choose so.The breakfast buffet is excellent,you can order any type of coffee you like.Cafe del Mar is an awesome Restaurant where you can eat on the beach,under palm trees and twinkling lights,Did not have a bad meal there.You also have room service,Satay Restaurant and the lunch & dinner buffets.You can also spend the evening relaxing on couches on the beach listening to Jesus and enjoying your choice of beverage.So I guess my vote would be for the PA.You also leave at any time and sample any of the other wonderful restaurants and nightspots around the island.

6. Re: Last question..Privelege Aluxes or Ixchel???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 11, 2014