We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Place on Isla

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Place on Isla

All of the recent trip reports have got me thinking about Isla, (not that I need anthing to make me think about Isla) and how much I love being there. It is the place I go where all the stresses and worries of the day to day grind just fade away. Reading all the posts about place everyone has been or are planning to go, I began to think if I had to choose one place on the island that was my favorite spot, that one place that captured the essence of what Isla was to me. where would it be? My first thought was how could I choose just one? It is like asking someone to name their favorite child. However when I really thought about why I love Isla the choice was simple. For me Isla is this most beautiful, tranquil and relaxing place where sitting back sometimes and doing absolutely nothing is not only acceptable, but almost expected. The place on the island I would choose as my favorite spot is on Punta Sur west side cliff walk up above the limestone cave in the little black chair. Sitting there surrounded by the most beautiful setting I know, listening to the waves crashing and staring off into the crystal blue waters, Thats about as good as it gets. My question to all of you is where is your place? It could be anywhere, a certain restaurant, beach, balcony of your hotel at sunrise, quiet table in the far left corner of a dockside restaurant. Where is that place that captures the essence of what Isla is to you?

MN
Level Contributor
626 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Favorite Place on Isla

I love the responses. It really is an overall "feeling" more than anything else. However, for me the most beautiful spot, visually and emotionally speaking, is the outlook along the road at Punta Sur. I love the look of the rickety zip line towers, the beautiful turquoise water, and the Cancun skyline in the distance. It is very symbolic for me. The simplicity of those towers represents the simplicity of Isla, the most beautiful water color I've ever seen is so calming, and the high rise buildings in the distance represent the hustle and bustle of civilization I have left behind. *sigh*

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Favorite Place on Isla

My recent trip gave me a new favorite activity on Isla that I hope to continue doing for a long time. That is walking a dog from Isla Animals. I walk my dog in Minneapolis but it is so much more fun with sandals, not having to dodge ice patches etc. etc. It was fun to sit on the dock for abit, walk down Hildago and get some ice cream for the dog and also walking down the malecon.

So for me, it's not a favorite place but an experience to share the beauty of Isla with my new friend as I travelled solo this year.

23. Re: Favorite Place on Isla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 28, 2014