We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cant't Hold It In Any Longer !!!!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
666 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Cant't Hold It In Any Longer !!!!!!

This time next Friday we will be eating Fish Tacos at Ballyhoos.

I'm sorry, I was determined not to make a big deal this time around about our trip to Isla, but who was I kidding. You can't help yourself when the time gets close to tell everyone you know that you are about to visit the most beautiful spot on God's green earth.

As some of you know, this will be our third visit to Isla in 10 months. We checked on this forum last June to find a last minute trip. We found this forum and people like DMartin, NYT and WIBS. These guys were the reason we chose Isla. Wow, we had no idea we would fall in love so easily.

After meeting my wife we were engaged within 6 weeks and married within 5 months, but neither I or Yvonne could ever imagine falling in love so easily or completely in such a short period of time for a second time. We absolutely love Isla Mujeres.

So let me thank all those that gave us suggestions and opinions before we made our first trip, you are all awesome.

Anyway, one week today we will be enjoying our new found home away from home.

First 3 nights staying in Colonias, and then next 4 night in Centro.

First night - Dinner with Lolo. Sunday - Booked Sunset cruise with Induna Charters. Other than that, nothing planned other than some restaurants we want to visit that we haven't got around to yet.

Monchis, Qubano, Las Iguanas, Limon, Chuuk Kay, Pit Amore, Los Fueguitos, Da Luisa, Poc Chuk., and wherever else our noses take us.

Just couldn't help it, I had to say something.

Isla Mujeres, here we come.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,559 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cant't Hold It In Any Longer !!!!!!

Yay you! Have a wonderful time. Wish I were going too :)

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cant't Hold It In Any Longer !!!!!!

I have 3 months to wait but I'm ready to hop on a plane NOW! Keep us informed when you're there. Live reports keep me warm!!!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
666 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cant't Hold It In Any Longer !!!!!!

TNY - Wish you were coming too. We have you to thank for all those suggestions and we are so grateful for all your help. If you come with us, the first round is on me.

Patti - At least we are in Houston and it's not that cold here, but I certainly feel for ya in all that snow.

Hoping to keep everyone up to date with live reports during our stay, depending on the internet connection.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,559 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cant't Hold It In Any Longer !!!!!!

One of these days we're bound to cross paths on Isla and we'll buy those rounds :)

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cant't Hold It In Any Longer !!!!!!

I'm excited for you! We're not going until September, but my ex-bro-in-law was so excited after booking his airfare that he had to come over to our place just to talk about Isla, see pictures of Isla and make restaurant plans.

And I can't wait to try Los Fueguitos--really want to hear what you thought of it.

Morton Grove...
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cant't Hold It In Any Longer !!!!!!

Guilty as charged...but check it out..I can get in my car..drive 10 min. And poof I have a real live dmartin. Please do keep us posted because...YES i'm totally excited and have 200 days to go. I need all live reports!!!

Edited: 5:16 pm, February 22, 2013
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
666 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cant't Hold It In Any Longer !!!!!!

"200 days and making restaurant plans" . I love it. Where else can you get away with making plans to eat 200 days in advance. The crazy thing is I can totally understand it. Lol......

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cant't Hold It In Any Longer !!!!!!

I think it's a feeling all who read this forum can relate to. I'm headed back down in June and everyone I know knows it. The background on my computer at work is Punta Sur, at home it's Playa Norte. I can't believe you've held it in this long!

New Carlisle, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cant't Hold It In Any Longer !!!!!!

That's actually admirable restraint. We have 5 more months (and two days, but who's counting?) and we're already driving our non-Isla friends crazy. But then again, THEY should be going to paradise, too! Duh!

: )

Iowa
Level Contributor
307 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cant't Hold It In Any Longer !!!!!!

I just have to chime in....I am currently trying to make plans for our return trip for next February!! Yell it from the roof top!! You are so lucky....have a wonderful trip! Wish we were going back sooner!