We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On the Island Trip Report Day 9

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wild Rose, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
On the Island Trip Report Day 9

Woke up to a cloudy day. Can hardly believe it! ha ha. Still warm, and the sun peeks out. It may be raining in Cancun…it sure looks like it.

Decided to head to Mango Café for breakfast. Had a great breakfast of eggs benedict and coconut French toast.

We headed into town and stopped by Isla Animals once again. We really do enjoy those puppies!

Did some more touring of the island….then headed home to relax for a bit before dinner.

We ate at Q’banos. I tried the Toston. Very different type of sandwich that uses grilled plantains in place of bread. There was chicken and carmelized onions inside the sandwich. When they serve it, they brush a garlic sauce on the top. Interesting taste, which I liked a lot. DH had breaded shrimp which he liked as well. (I forget what the bill was.) After some aimless wandering about town, we headed home and watched a movie. We have been pretty tame this trip! Ha ha

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,423 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On the Island Trip Report Day 9

The eggs benedict at Mango and the Toston at Qubano are two of my favorites! Delicious.

Did you happen to visit the newly rebuilt "La Capilla" across the street? This church has a remarkable view of the Caribbean. We can't wait to see the new version.

Mentioned in this post
Qubano Restaurant
Qubano Restaurant
1,497 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Wild Rose, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On the Island Trip Report Day 9

We watched some kids having some races rolling down the hill (driveway) from our seat at Mango's. Ahh...to be so young again! We plan to stop, but there was some construction going on, so we didn't go in.

michigan
Level Contributor
875 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On the Island Trip Report Day 9

Enjoying your trip report. we adopted our dog, Bonita, from Alison 10 years ago. She was about the size of a bottle of sunscreen when we brought her home. She has been to best dog ever. Everyone always comments on what a unique looking dog she is :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On the Island Trip Report Day 9

I've been reading your trip reports everyday and I have to say thanks for the great descriptions. I won't be back down until June and with all the recent snow falling here in Mass (another 7 inches filled my driveway today) your reports are a wonderful break from the cold. I can't wait to be back at Mango Cafe for the french toast and those amazing peppers stuffed with eggs, bacon and cheese.

Wild Rose, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
149 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On the Island Trip Report Day 9

Glad you are enjoying the reports! I know how much I enjoy everyone else's so am glad to pay it forward!

6. Re: On the Island Trip Report Day 9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 20, 2014