We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 2 & 3

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
568 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Day 2 & 3

We woke up very early and sit out by the pool to watch the sunrise. 2 pots of coffee later the sun finally had risen, but well worth the wait. We headed to Barlitos for breakfast. It was excellent like always. It was nice to see Tiffany. The last time we were here she talked about how cold she gets on the beach so we brought her a hooded sweatshirt from Alaska.

We went to see the rest of our Island Friends. Stop at the Dive shop to say hi to Andres, then to the Co-op to see Fausto, and finally to Bahia Tortuga to see Danny and Rhonda.

We stopped at the supper market for supplies for the house. Came home and took a nap.

Headed back out for a cruise on the golf cart. We just wondered around the Colonials looking at buildings. We ended up back at Bahia for a couple drinks. Had a few laughs and met a guy named Sam. He was fun to talk to. We are meeting him and his girlfriend for drinks tomorrow night. After a couple of cold ones we went down to Cubano (sp), Colleen ordered Shrimp and I had a pulled Beef platter. It was just OK. Not that I'm saying anything bad about the place. The restaurant was nice the waiters pleasant, it just wasn't to our taste. I ran into my brother (as he calls me), The guy with the guitar in a wheelchair. He played us some songs and we tipped him well. I love this guy, he is very hard working, always on the move in his chair looking for business.

Back home and relax before bed.

Today we went to Mango Cafe. I don't remember what Colleen ordered, but I remember from the sounds she was making she loved it. I had a pepper stuffed with eggs and bacon, breaded and fried. Wow! it was good. After breakfast we took a drive in the golf cart and enjoyed the morning. Back to the house for a little sun bathing and a nap. Around 3 we went down to find a spot to watch the Parade. We found a nice spot just down from Jacks. It was fun to see the floats and the bright costumes. After the parade we went to Jacks had a drink and split a Shrimp Cocktail. We didn't want to eat to much because we had 6:30 reservations at Olivia's. At Olivia's I had the beef kabobs. Same thing I order every time there. I love those things. Colleen ordered the meatballs. No surprises here, the food was great.

After dinner we went to Soggy Peso to meet Sam and friends. When we got there we were the only two customers they had. The owners had a drink with us. I was glad they did, after our visit with them I had a different attitude toward the place. Our first visit a few years ago wasn't so pleasant. Sam didn't show so we headed to Bahia Tortuga for the band. By the time we got there the band was finishing up and a Karaoke guy was setting up. We had a blast while we were there. We met some very nice people and Danny and Rhonda and us laughed the night away.

Back to the house to rest for tomorrow.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,280 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 2 & 3

Didn't even know Qubano had those items on the menu. We stick with the Cuban and Toston sandwiches, the Hungarian potatoes and the huge salads.

Olathe, Kansas
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 2 & 3

Great report. Glad you are having fun.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,989 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 2 & 3

Sounds fun! Thank you for the report :)

Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
568 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day 2 & 3

Doug, I guess I should had mentioned we had the Hungarian potatoes for an appetizer. They were very very Good! I would go back just for those.

ct
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day 2 & 3

We enjoyed the other cuban place that used to be in that location more than Qubano's-I think it was something with Havana in the name and moved. We will find it this year!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,989 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day 2 & 3

Victor's Casa Havana is now up on Juarez heading out of town south. It's a little past La Lomita on the same side.

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
2,508 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day 2 & 3

I love my hooded sweatshirt! Now I am looking forward to a Norte. :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day 2 & 3

That stuffed pepper at Cafe Mango is simply amazing. Yes lots of ummmmm sounds when someone eats one of those.

thanks for the report.

9. Re: Day 2 & 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 13, 2014