We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla in late October

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Staten Island, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
Isla in late October

Hi everyone..I am trying to plan out a surprise 15 year anniversary trip to Isla Mujeres in late October(oct 20-25)..I've been reading everyone's posts as where to stay etc and it's great info..I'm leaning towards Privilege Alexus or Ixchel beach..My wife likes to lounge at the beach and pool all day so I'm still up in the air about which to go..My question is my wife is a very picky eater..she likes Italian food and doesn't eat seafood and doesn't really like Mexican food..can anyone recommend some good restaurants that fit her likes.?..I realize this is Mexico and I love seafood and Mexican food but she doesn't..The island looks so beautiful to come and relax for 5 days...Also I was wondering how much money does one usually spend during the week..it's mostly going to be money for food and drinks excluding excursions..I read AI isn't the way to go with all the food choices..any and all help is so greatly appreciated so thank you for all of your help

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,120 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Isla in late October

Na Balam has rooms with 2 queen beds, but you wouldn't be connected in a suite. On the other hand, it's not a huge property so you would be near each other.

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Isla in late October

If you have a "non fussy" one in your group, then you could get a two bedroom suite at Ixchel. Two standard beds in one room, a king in the other, and then there is a futon in the living room. Although, the futon isn't that comfortable in some of the units. You do have the option of requesting a rollaway bed for an extra charge. Maybe take turns sleeping on that bed! :)

Another option is Casa Sirena. Their website says that all rooms with King beds can be converted to to twin beds. It's a 6 room B&B so your rooms wouldn't be far from each other. Keep in mind that it is not on Playa Norte but is in Centro.

Edited: 5:13 pm, February 11, 2013
33. Re: Isla in late October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 13, 2014