We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would like a list of recommended "Cheap Eats"

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Would like a list of recommended "Cheap Eats"

We are travelling to Isla for 6 weeks with 3 children. This will not be the time to enjoy some of our favorite places night after night! To make this work - we'd like to gather a list of recommended cheaper restaurants, street-carts, local kitchen loncherias. We know (and love) the 4 loncherias beside the Centro Mercado... but any others would be appreciated with an appx. cost for a meal. Thank you.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would like a list of recommended "Cheap Eats"

I have been posting on some and so has karenkaye. Search my posts and hers over the last 2 weeks. We both put what we ordered and the prices.

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
250 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would like a list of recommended "Cheap Eats"

just posted another one on La Bruja... dinner for 6 (actually 7 b/c one takeout to go...) about $700 p including 4 beers!

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would like a list of recommended "Cheap Eats"

Thank you -I will check out the older posts. Any tried and trues would be appreciated. If anyone has any other ideas - please chime in!

Portsmouth, Ohio
Level Contributor
431 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would like a list of recommended "Cheap Eats"

check out the Holly eats web site

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would like a list of recommended "Cheap Eats"

Mercado municipal(la Union ,Alexia y geovanni),Poc Chuc,pita amore,mininos,justicia social,bobo's,pizza rock,Tino's the rib man ,there is a lot

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,574 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would like a list of recommended "Cheap Eats"

Here is a nice long thread from our Top Question: Must Try Restaurants, Eating on the Cheap. While it's not terribly recent, just about every place on this list is still up and running and still on everyone's list to be recommended.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150810-i360-k4312…

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
1,674 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Would like a list of recommended "Cheap Eats"

My three newest favorites are:

Kash Keken - get it a mix of the chicken and ribs to go and along with the sides it's a great family meal

The taco stand on Medina (out front of the juice/smoothie store and a couple buildings North of Casa Sirena) - cheap tacos and homemade tortillas. SO good!

The lunch cart at the corner of Hidalgo and Mateo Lopez. 15 peso tacos plus poc chuc specials daily. Very good!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would like a list of recommended "Cheap Eats"

Also La Mexicana, the rotisserie chicken place, with a couple of locations. The one we've used is on Hidalgo. A satisfying lunch for 4 adults ran us all of $8 US. Very easy to order to go ("para llevar") and bring back to your room.

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would like a list of recommended "Cheap Eats"

I'm writing down all of your suggestions and taking the list with me. Thank you for suggestions and prices! What about the south end and in the colonias? We will have a golf cart - Thanks so much.

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
92 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Would like a list of recommended "Cheap Eats"

TNY - thanks for that link. 85 entries and lots of info!