We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline changed flight time

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Michigan
Level Contributor
302 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Airline changed flight time

I just received notice from Expedia that Air Tran has changed our flight time and we won't arrive to Isla until 2:45 p.m. instead of 11:00 a.m. I picked this airline and flight because of the early arrival to Isla. Anybody had this happen before? I would like to change airlines now, but of course don't want to pay any fees because it's not my fault, do you think I have a chance?...any good advice on how to handle this? I would think I call AirTran and not Expedia? Thanks in advance.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,733 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Airline changed flight time

As one here on the forum who has actually worked for an airline, I find very interesting reading . You can never really be sure what an airline or an online agency such as Expedia or Orbitz, can or will do. Its not unusual for them to be able to switch airlines for you, if needed because they block large blocks of seats on many flights and, in general, the airlines allow them to do as they wish with those seats. They usually book the seats far in advance and pay the airlines then.

As with most things, the airlines can and will do many things for the passenger if you ask and your attitude is good. I know from working there , that is the case and I also know what can happen if you have a bad attitudeor make demands. You dont want to do that.

Much advice here but the only thing that really counts is what happens when you talk to the booking agency or the airlne.

I hope all have safe travels.

Edited: 9:04 am, December 25, 2012
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Airline changed flight time

Air Canada has done exactly the same thing to me!! Now we're arriving at 7PM instead of 11am....

23. Re: Airline changed flight time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 29, 2013