We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wayy in advance question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ames, Iowa, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Wayy in advance question

We went to IM for the first time in June on our honeymoon. It was beautiful, wonderful, and I had such a good time! Here I am six months later (and six months pregnant... that fertility goddess business is no sham!) and I can't stop thinking about the next time we go!

We did like the all inclusive at PA, especially for the massive amounts of bottled water we took from there. The next time, however, we'll be bringing with us a baby and an 8 or 9 year old (not sure if we'll get there next winter or in 2014... sigh...). PA definitely has the amenities we like, but I don't know if I'd consider it a family place - or even if it's truly family-friendly. Suggestions on where to go?

There will be three adults (grandma gets to help watch the kids!), an elementary aged child, and an infant. My husband definitely liked being able to flush TP down the drain (the wastebasket thing sort of freaked him out). I definitely don't mind making some meals, we love eating out at all the awesome diners, and distance to shopping/nightlife isn't an issue really. (Nothing's very far on a golf cart if we decide to get out for an evening.) We do like modern/clean facilities and a pool on site would be fabulous. Near a good beach would be great too, but not a necessary as we'll go up to North Beach anyway.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
290 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wayy in advance question

With the information you provided I would highly recommend Ixchel Beach hotel. I go every year. Rent a two bedroom suite which provides you and your husband a king bed with large balcony and private bath and your kids and grandma can have the second bedroom which has two queens, you share a kitchen and living room/dining area. Right on the beach and daily maid service. Hidalgo street shopping and restaurants 1 block away. Unbelievable sunsets and while on north beach is still very quiet. For what you want I would not bother searching anywhere else. You can book through the hotel website or VRBO.com which I recommend because you are dealing with condo owners. Ask for discounts. Good luck

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
847 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wayy in advance question

I agree with GROntario, Ixchel sounds perfect for your group. And congratulations on the baby! We usually stay next door at Nautibeach which has 2 bedroom/ 1 bath units. Since grandma will be doing babysitting chores, it would be nice to offer her a separate bathroom! Ixchel also offers you an onsite restaurant and drink service. I think it will be a win-win all the way around.

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wayy in advance question

Another vote for Ixchel, I think it would meet all of your needs.

Congrats on the new addition!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,415 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wayy in advance question

Let me jump on the Ixchel Beach bandwagon. Even if you don't plan on eating full meals in your suite, it's nice to have a full kitchenette, especially with an infant.

I'm trying not to do the math between June and November because I don't think I'd come up with 6 months. ;-0

Ames, Iowa, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wayy in advance question

Thanks for the suggestion - I will definitely look into that when we are going! (I knew I could count on this board!)

Also, I'm just shy of six months - we definitely had some island magic help!

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
3,046 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wayy in advance question

Ixchel is a great property but the AI option at PA is nice with kids. PA is family friendly. We have had lots of family & friends with small children & infants stay there. Hanging at the pool or beach all day, it saves so much money in drinks & snacks if you have AI. Then you have the money to go out for some great meals downtown.

7. Re: Wayy in advance question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, December 16, 2013
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question