We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin Discovery ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
664 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Dolphin Discovery ?

If you do not have a reservation for Dolphin Discovery can you go to the property and still see the animals - from a far of course. I think my 3 year old would like to see the dolphins but is not ready to swim with them. ?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
309 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphin Discovery ?

You can...if one person pays to do a swim. If one person pays to do a swim, all of you can get in for 15$ pp. For 15$ you get food and drink all day and you can get pretty close to the dolphins. Otherwise it is nearly impossible to see them from the road.

Another thing your 3yo might enjoy is the turtle farm. You can see a shark in addition to all of the turtles. You might also go to Playa Tiberon, where you and your sweetie can actually get in the water with a nurse shark.

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphin Discovery ?

For little ones, they have an option of petting, shaking hands & kissing a dolphin. I agree with the poster above, the turtle farm is great for little ones. My kids love to go again & again!

There are also some wonderful playgrounds for kids. They open in the evening around 5pm because there is no shade. You sign in but the playgrounds are free & they have nice bathrooms. The bigger one, Parque de Tortuga is near Salina Grande on the Caribbean side, in the middle of the two lane road. The smaller one, Parque Infantil "Las Gaviotas" is across the street from the public tennis court behind the Navy hospital mid Island.

Enjoy your time on the Island with your little one!

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
664 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphin Discovery ?

Do you know how or where I inquire about the toddler package to pet and shake hands with dolphin?

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolphin Discovery ?

consciouslifenews.com/will-swimming-dolphins…

here

Perth, Canada
Level Contributor
243 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolphin Discovery ?

Justin J,

Lying and misdirection does not further your cause.

Southern MD
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolphin Discovery ?

CathyintheSun....I agree with you. I thought your statement sounded like a political ad... lol....I'm GrammyloveMexico and I endorse this ad!!

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dolphin Discovery ?

The dolphin encounter is the one designed for kids. They go by the height of the child, this one is for kids 3.3-4.6 ft tall.

dolphindiscovery.com/cancun-islamujeres/canc…

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
664 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dolphin Discovery ?

Mapchick thanks -

Sorry the thread got jacked.

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
664 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolphin Discovery ?

Thanks - the playgrounds sound fantastic - will have to check that out. Also went to the website to check out the children's packages.

10. Re: Dolphin Discovery ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 22, 2013