We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Cancun flight

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CDA
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Early Cancun flight

How early does the ferry leave the island? We have a 7:00 AM flight to catch out of Cancun. Any thoughts/ideas? Thanks!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
38,947 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Cancun flight

I think the earliest ferry is around 5:30, which wouldn't give you enough time . . . sad to say, I think you will have to go to Cancun the night before unless you can change your flight. :)

PS - I grew up near CDA and went to college there. :)

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,008 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Cancun flight

granpuerto.com.mx

While the normal arrival time at the airport is suggested to be three hours, you "may" be able to reduce that a bit for a 700 AM flight.

Personally, I would consider staying on the mainland the night before. I use this place

marriott.com/hotels/…

Edited: 4:44 pm, October 26, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,138 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Cancun flight

I was just searching for the link to the Courtyard by Marriott but Ron beat me to it.

Since the earliest ferry is at 5:30, you won't be at the airport until close to 6:30. Unfortunately, you'll have to spend the night in Cancun, unless you can change your flight.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,782 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Cancun flight

Even with the earliest ferry you won't make it. It's 20 minutes to cross, then another 20 - 30 minutes to the airport, which would get you there around 6:30. I don't think you can check in 30 minutes before an international flight. Staying on the mainland is good advice.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,008 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early Cancun flight

Mr Martin, I beat you to that site because I have stayed there twice. I have it bookmarked for easy retrieval!

Free shuttle to/from the airport. On site restaurant. Pool. Not expensive.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,138 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early Cancun flight

I know you've recommend it before, and when we drove past it in September I thought of you.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,008 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early Cancun flight

That is very nice. I thought my special scenic pictures were more memorable.

CDA
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early Cancun flight

Okay, I'm wiping my tears-we'll stay on the mainland for the last night. Boo hoo. Thanks for the feedback-will check out the marriott! D

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,008 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Early Cancun flight

Actually any hotel in the Cancun hotel zone area is open to you if you prefer a beach.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,055 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Early Cancun flight

I would stay in the center near of Cancun. Many hotel options available and if you arrive the evening before, you have places to walk with restaurant options . If you stay near the ADO terminal, you have the option of an ADO airport bus at 430AM , arriving at 455AM at a cost of 48 pesos.

I have stayed at the airport Courtyard by Marriott 5 or 6 times and it is nice--a typical Courtyard Now another choice at the airport, Comfort Inn, which offers lower prices and I have been pleased with the service.