We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant/bar closings November 4-11?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,227 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant/bar closings November 4-11?

I just read on another thread that Mango Cafe will be closed until November 10.

Are there any other closings you regulars are aware of this week?

Please no one say Olivia! :-0

20 mas dias!!!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,227 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant/bar closings November 4-11?

Now I remember the one I was specifically sad we missed two summers ago, as they were closed in August when we went... Barlito! Does anyone know if they are again closed this year and if they will be open this week?

And Qubano?

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,267 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant/bar closings November 4-11?

Barlito already had their vacation so I don't think they'll be closed. No idea about Qubano. Olvia has also had their vacation, I think either in September or October. So you should be ok :)

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant/bar closings November 4-11?

Olivia reopens on October 31st. I haven't heard of anyone else taking vacations. By November, usually everyone is getting ready for high season!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant/bar closings November 4-11?

I seem to remember Vivian from Qubano taking a vacation in October before, but now she's also got a larger staff to cover for her. As wolrabroil points out, by November the closings are pretty much over.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,227 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant/bar closings November 4-11?

Yay! Thanks, guys.

We did get the AI option at PA as the extra $20 a day each will be worth it even if just for drinks by the pool and beach- but we plan on doing quite a few dinners out.

I have been daydreaming about that chicken and olives from Olivia....and really want to try Barlito. :)

19 more sleeps!!!! :-0

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
686 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant/bar closings November 4-11?

Barlito is back. Jax & Soggy Peso are back. Most folks who shut down do it in Sept or Oct.. You can check facebook pages..owners post when they leave and return. Mango is currently closed. Someone mentioned talking to Vivian the other day, so Qubanos is open. There is a new restaurant in her old location. Plenty of wonderful food will be available..choosing where to eat is the tricky part! So many meals, so little time, grin. Olivia's fb page is vacant, sorry I don't have specific info there. Suerte & buen provecho!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,227 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant/bar closings November 4-11?

thank you.

I totally agree on the difficulty of choosing where to eat on Isla....so many places, so little vacation time, for sure!

8. Re: Restaurant/bar closings November 4-11?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 18, 2013