We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking PA

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minnesota
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Topic
Booking PA

Ugh I was all set to book out trip for March through Expedia, and now the same room category (Deluxe suite AI) is $400 more than it was YESTERDAY!! Does anyone know if this happens, where the hotel goes up and down? I've seen it with flights, but thought hotel was consistent :(

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,989 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking PA

Were you looking to book a whole package, including airfare? Because the price fluctuation could very well reflect changes in airfare.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking PA

It is a package but I can tell the price difference is the hotel, in fact my saved itinerary said "the price has changed at this hotel". I was surprised (and bummed).

Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking PA

Mama3w

I hate to say, but yes the rooms do fluctuate from week to week, as do the flights. I booked a Superior Room AI at PA for Feb. in August with Expedia with round trip NS flights out of ORD. Last week I saw that I could get a Suite Deluxe AI for $60.00 less than what I booked the Superior Room for with keeping the same flights. I called Expedia and rebooked and got the $60.00 credited back on my credit card. I just put in the numbers on Expedia after I read your post and the price did go up $400.00 for the same room. I would keep on checking the web sites every week on Tuesday afternoons. Maybe a deal will pop up again. Happy hunting.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking PA

JohnBoy73, did you have to pay a fee to Expedia? The Superior AI is still at the price I'm willing to pay so maybe I'll book that and then keep an eye on it to see if I could get the suite at some point.

Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking PA

No, no fees, but don't do it on line, call Expedia's 800 number and talk to a real person. They even told me I could change my itinerary as many times as I wanted to up to 48 hours before my flight. That,s why I check it every week to see if prices do change for the better. Good luck.

Kemptville, Canada
Level Contributor
526 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking PA

I have booked online twice for PA. Both times with travelocity because they were quite a bit cheaper! I always compare both and end up with travelocity.

philly
Level Contributor
341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking PA

This does happen on Expedia. You have some time so I would suggest to keep checking. My opinion, its what I would do.

Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
568 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking PA

Something you my try is booking separate. That's what I did this year. I was able to find flights for the same price as booking a package deal. I then e-mailed PA and had them quote me prices of rooms. I ended up getting a rooftop suite for $230.00 a night when Expedia quoted it to me for $451.00 a night.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking PA

Thanks for the info, everyone - I'm a little OCD about my vacations and I'm so bummed I didn't just book when I had the chance!

MarkFromAlaska - just curious, did PA give you a different price than what's advertised on their site?

Kenai, Alaska
Level Contributor
568 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking PA

mama,

Yes, they gave me a better price. The room I booked was $352.00 a night on their site and I got it for $230.00 a night. I emailed them first with 3 rooms types we were interested in and ask about the price. They were cheaper than their web site on all three. I then called them. On the phone I had some problems but since I had the email to back up the quoted price I was able to get it at that price. We are staying 12 nights, that is a $1450.00 saving.