We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone heard of Happy Tours?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Has anyone heard of Happy Tours?

We'd love to do some snorkeling, although we understand from all the reading here that it's not the best world..

We met someone in town who works at Happy Tours, seems like a lovely fellow and wondered if anyone knew of this outfit. If not, do you think that perhaps it might be wise to go with a known and tried and true person/company?

Thoughts? Thanks!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
304 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone heard of Happy Tours?

I've never heard of them. But I'll say last summer, we took a snorkeling chance on a guy we met and it was our best day on the island.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone heard of Happy Tours?

A poster from this forum went out with them and was very happy. You can read about their experience with Happy Tours in this thread. Scroll to post # 6

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150810-i360-k5277…

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone heard of Happy Tours?

There are a number of "tour providers" on Isla who are really just booking agents, and I believe this is the case with Happy Tours. My only concern in using such an agent is that you're dealing with a third party, not the actual provider, so what happens if there's a problem? And how do you know for sure who is actually taking you out?

That being said, many of them do use bona fide providers. The kiosk outside of L'Argentina on Hidalgo, for instance, uses Squalo Adventures when you book a dive through them.

Personally, I'd rather deal directly with the people who will be taking me out. Any of the scuba shops will also provide snorkeling tours, and we had a great day snorkeling with Ariel of Sol-Zorro. Ariel's cell is 998-165-6332 and his email is arielsantizo@yahoo.com.mx. If you use Ariel, be sure to opt for the lunch--it will be the best $5 meal of your life.

New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone heard of Happy Tours?

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately, it's raining today, so no snorkeling. I guess I'll just have to hang out on my balcony and read, drink some coffee, stare at the water....tough life here.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone heard of Happy Tours?

Yeah, somehow I think I'd rather have your day than mine. But I'm sure you'll muddle through somehow.

New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone heard of Happy Tours?

Hey, I've been to Chicago -- great town, but yes, I'd rather be in Isla now.

Thanks everyone....

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
304 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone heard of Happy Tours?

BTW...Ariel is the "new" guy we took "chance" on...and it is te BEST $5 hyou will ever spend :o)

Edited: 8:55 pm, October 03, 2012
8. Re: Has anyone heard of Happy Tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 15, 2013