We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental - Has anyone used them

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Janesville...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental - Has anyone used them

Has anyone use Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental - You can prepay for your cart ahead of time and it will be delivered and picked up right where you are staying. I thought this might kind of be nice to have it all done before we arrive on the island.

Any input about this company would be appreciated

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
198 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental - Has anyone used them

Yeah they are retarded $$$$$ Think they all start at $50 US a day but you can talk them down to $35 for a full day. Which in my mind is still retarded considering a car is $20 in the US.

Gary, Indiana
Level Contributor
882 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental - Has anyone used them

just depend when you go. We did not have to haggle. It is too pricey for what you get but it makes like nice.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,768 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental - Has anyone used them

Ciro never quoted me 50 dollars and I never had to haggle either. And yes, it's more expensive than a car but since I drive cars at home all the time, what fun is that? We all have our own idea of fun on vacation and our own concept of what is ridiculous to spend money on :)

XZJ
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental - Has anyone used them

Didn't use them, but just returned (1/6/13) from Isla Mujeres having used IslaMujeresGolfCartRentals.com. Their website tells it like it is and allows you to make reservations online. They were recommended by the managers of the condo we stayed at, and I can't recommend them highly enough. They dropped the golf cart off at our hotel 15 minutes early, the golf cart was in great shape, they filled it up with gas sometime each night (we parked it in the condo parking lot), and they picked it up exactly on time. They also responded *immediately* to emailed questions. No hassle, all help. It was a great experience!

Gary, Indiana
Level Contributor
882 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental - Has anyone used them

They sound like the go to folks.

Edited: 2:24 pm, January 09, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,885 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental - Has anyone used them

So they are delivering carts? Maybe Jimbo can respond, did that rule get changed?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental - Has anyone used them

i wouldn't use easy rentals again the golf cart was useless. had such a delay in it that it wasn't safe. droped it back 10 min late and they tried to make us pay 15 us dollars

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental - Has anyone used them

I have never even heard of them?

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,885 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental - Has anyone used them

Easy Way is at the Maria del Mar hotel.

I have had slow carts at several different places, a couple of the most popular ones. You need to take it back and get a replacement or a refund and go elsewhere as soon as you figure out how bad of a cart you have. I think a lot of people don't realize they have that option.

I remember having a horrible cart one time, every other cart was passing us and I think people walking were passing us :) But, we didn't want to take it back and it became our joke of the day and we just had fun with it.

Denton, Texas...
Level Contributor
460 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Isla Mujeres Golf Cart Rental - Has anyone used them

Mapchick...we have had the same experience! We got a cart once that actually sputtered, and I thought was going to backfire at any minute! I was even afraid to drive it on the hills, especially at Playa Loncheros! 'Reverse' was iffy, and sometimes required a little push. But, I don't remember laughing so hard in a long time. We could have taken the cart back, but couldn't stop laughing every time we got on it, so we didn't!