We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What not to miss on Isla?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
666 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
What not to miss on Isla?

Going to Isla July 13th through 19th. This will be our first visit to the island so we are pretty excited about it (probably will be more excited as the time to leave gets closer). Since this will be our first visit, I was wondering what things we should not miss during our stay. Open to any suggestions i.e. restaurants, bars, tours or just about anything that should not be missed. I have been reading the forum and thanks to all your guys and your descriptions, we can't wait to get there and experience all the fun for ourselves. We will be staying at the Privilege Aluxes all inclusive. Only reason for all inclusive was that the price is only $25 a night more expensive. Two drinks a piece and that takes care of that. Love reading the updates, keep them coming.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Steve

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,958 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: What not to miss on Isla?

Watch out for topes - especially at night! And dogs and kids and scooters and bikes and taxis, etc, etc.

United States
Level Contributor
300 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: What not to miss on Isla?

We leave the 9th - 15, so we'll see ya there :)

Edited: 11:38 am, June 03, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: What not to miss on Isla?

just bumping up that post so as to return to it later on. Wanna read all about it.

Darien,Connecticut
Level Contributor
517 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: What not to miss on Isla?

Captiain Dulce is a beautiful beach club with museum. A good place to stop for lunch or drink. An Indua cruise gives you a differt view or the Island and is a really good time. Nice to be sailing that time of day.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: What not to miss on Isla?

Sounds like a must.

Darien,Connecticut
Level Contributor
517 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: What not to miss on Isla?

Traveler mentioned the Floating Island, but when we were there in Aug/Sept it appeared to be abandoned.. No one could give us a straight answer as to it's future.

There was also a rather large yacht @ the next dock which someone had attempted to make into a night club/bar which was closed down and the owner was having a very active tag sale "everything" must go. Seemed like a good idea to me, the night club/bar on the yacht,I mean.

Plattsmouth...
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: What not to miss on Isla?

For a quiet evening, cocktails at Posada del Mar in the large palapa bar. It has great ocean views and people watching.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: What not to miss on Isla?

Yes we did spend a few days at PdM a few years back. Charming place it was.

29. Re: What not to miss on Isla?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 16, 2013