We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Eats at Isla Mujere??????????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Good Eats at Isla Mujere??????????

Hey!

Where at Isla Mujeres can we be guaranteed a great luch?

Gracias!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,040 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Eats at Isla Mujere??????????

Ah, we were there for 2 weeks and still didn't get to try every place. Isla is loaded w/good eateries . . . as simple as street vendors, waiters on the beach and of course, established restaurants. One of the best lunches I ate at was Alexis & Geovanny's - only open for breakfast and lunch - had an amazing veggie salad and shrimp soup. Also very reasonably priced. Other favorites would be Bamboo, Chili Locos, Jax, Sergios, etc. Hope that helps get you started. Would highly recommend that you get a map of Isla via mapchick.com. Lists all the restaurants, etc., on the island. Good luck and happy eating! :)

Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Eats at Isla Mujere??????????

Thank you for the info coalminer.

Anyone else have any favorite places to eat on Isla Mujeres?

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Eats at Isla Mujere??????????

there are so many!!

Playa Lancheros or Tiburon are great places to go for tik -n xic fish, one of these is a good stop if you have a golf cart for the day. I have to say this is probably my favorite lunch. :)

Charlotte
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Eats at Isla Mujere??????????

We've vacationed on Isla for 12 years. Casa O's is great for a sunset meal. The food and staff are excellent. They are also open for lunch. You'll have to take a taxi from town. Expect to pay around 15.00 per person.

In town, the BEST breakfast/brunch is at Elements of the Island. Fruit, eggs, pancakes, home made breads,jam and apple strudle (owners are European).

Also great in town for dinner is Manola's. It is around the corner from Elements. Owner is "french" trained, food is well priced and he usually has fresh catches like grouper, conch, shrimp and even good steaks.

Roland's is a good standard. They have brick oven pizzas, icy beer, pasta. Ask for Jorge.

Its a good place to watch people walk by.

A nice lunch with beach and pools is at Zuma Beach club on Sac Bajo. It doesnt cost to get in, and you can spend the whole day pool side, or on the beach or in the shade.

laplace,la
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Eats at Isla Mujere??????????

One of my favorites is Valasquez. It'a palapa right on the beach. Best to go after dark to avoid flies. Fresh fish grilled or fried. Cold beer. Very relaxed.