We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can anyone give me some feedback on "Elements of the...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
can anyone give me some feedback on "Elements of the...

Hello everyone,

We are Playa del Carmen regulars, and this time we decided to spend 4 days on Isla. After endless hotel search, I narrowed it down to Elements of the Island or Playa Media Luna. Has anyone stayed at these two hotels? What is the location like for Elements? Is it a nice property?

so confused! help!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: can anyone give me some feedback on "Elements of the...

Playa Media Luna is on the Caribbean side of the island. Beautiful, but non-swimmable beach in front. Nice pool. About a 4-5 block walk to Hidalgo, the main dining and shopping street. Just around the corner from Playa Norte.

Elements of the Island is a newer, small hotel that has been getting great reviews. It is right in town. No pool. About 2 blocks to the beach.

Have heard nothing but great things about both properties. I guess it depends on what you are looking for in accomodations.

Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can anyone give me some feedback on "Elements of the...

thank you for your feedback. I think we might go for Elements. I like the idea that its a small hotel, and to be honest, the price is better.

Level Contributor
8,910 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can anyone give me some feedback on "Elements of the...

you will love elements...it is very clean and nice ambiance...the owners are very nice and helpful. Cute restaurant...it had a very international feel and you can walk to everything...although you will want to rent a golf cart to tour the island..its all very low key compared to Playa. Have fun.

Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can anyone give me some feedback on "Elements of the...

We decided on elements. They have availability, however they only accept cheques or money orders for a deposit. They e-mailed me a 3 days ago saying they'll provide the necessary information "tomorrow" and I'm still waiting. Hopefully we'll be able to book.

Evergreen
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: can anyone give me some feedback on "Elements of the...

We are huge fans of Playa Media Luna. It has a beautiful pool, and only 18 rooms. Still very small. Employee's are wonderful and you are still within walking distance of everything. Just my two cents. We are leaving for Isla in 26 days....can't wait.

Canada
Level Contributor
112 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can anyone give me some feedback on "Elements of the...

Cole, thank you for your reply. We actually just reserved Elements. We couldn't decide, so we went for the cheaper property. Also, all the reviews (even though there aren't much) were great.

Have fun on Isla! We leave april 30th :)