We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some more ramblings

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Some more ramblings

I have noticed that the lights around Grand Salinas have all been restored to working order. When we arrived many weren't working.

I have been in Chedraui a few times now. In Dec. they had lots of peanut butter and multiple brands. The first week of Jan. they were down to 2 brands and the large jar was crunchy. They haven't had PB for almost 2 weeks. I have never seen a beach chair, although there were reports of some when they first opened. As has been reported...if you see it you better buy it. It may never appear again...lol. On that same note, I have looked the island over for a square plastic tablecloth...there are none! Every restaurant on the island has scads of them, but you can't buy them here. Only in Cancun according to the locals I have asked.

I have been volunteering at the English school. What fun. When I see the students on the street they are very anxious to test their English. I made chocolate no bake cookies( my reason for the PB, and I have no oven) and took them to the class. Of course they loved them and that was my Spanish word for the day. I am trying to learn a new word each day.

The new malecon is really coming along nicely. I can't believe how fast construction can take place if they want it to.

I had chicken soup at La Lomitas one day....huge bowl and so good. Last Sunday I stopped at Kash Keken Chuc for some chicken and ribs to have during the ballgame (:(, I'm a Denver fan) , but mostly I fix something at the apartment.

Some friends from the island play on a fast futball team(soccer). I have been watching some of their games, but they usually playbat 9 or 10pm. I'm tired, but here is the whole family out cheering on dad. It is a great local family experience.

Last Sat. it rained and rained most of the day. Lots of street flooding. That has been the only total rain day since I got here Christmas eve.

I have been treating myself to a manicure every week. The price is right and she does freehand designs...they look so nice...of course, not doing much helps keep them nice!

Headed to the North Beach, so I better get going. So sorry you guys up north are freezing.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some more ramblings

Oh, and I stopped at Bally Hoo and had a Bally Hoo margarita while watching the beautiful sunset on Thursday evening.

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,255 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some more ramblings

Nice to read "a little slice of life from Isla". I miss it. :)

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some more ramblings

you are living the life!

this is right up my alley, but not doable just yet...

Have fun!

Salud!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,863 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some more ramblings

Sounds so wonderful. I live this "live from" Isla reports. Thanks for sharing your days with us :)

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,211 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some more ramblings

Thanks for the update--it really helps considering it's about 20 degrees outside and we have 6" of fresh snow.

The Chedraui stocking issues seem the same as any "big box" store here at home. We have (or maybe had) a Costco membership that was due for renewal in December--we're hemming in hawing because of the same issue--you never know what products will be there next time.

Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some more ramblings

Thanks so much for posting this. It was such a delight to read with over coffee as I look out at our fresh snow. Only 85 more days until I can follow in your footsteps, from the English school to kash keken chuk (oooo, spell check does not like that one!).

Edited: 11:01 am, January 21, 2012
Grayslake, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some more ramblings

Thanks so much for posting this. It was such a delight to read over coffee as I look out at our fresh snow. Only 85 more days until I can follow in your footsteps, from the English school to kash keken chek (oooo, spell check does not like that one!).

Arctic Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some more ramblings

Thanks sooo much for your posts wyobean I always enjoy reading them..

Safe travels...jimmy

Canada
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Some more ramblings

Where do you get a mani? Arriving tomorrow and may want one....

10. Re: Some more ramblings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, April 27, 2013