We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there a ferry from isla mujeres to cozumel?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
oshkosh
Level Contributor
114 posts
is there a ferry from isla mujeres to cozumel?

Is there a ferry or can you hire someone privately to go from Isla Mujeres to Cozumel? How long of a trip is it?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,481 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: is there a ferry from isla mujeres to cozumel?

No ferry, and I understand it would probably be a very rough trip.

Last time I took the ferry from Playa del Carmen, there were lots of people sick. Even me, who always thought I had a cast iron stomach was feeling pretty nauseated.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
21,204 posts
100 reviews
2. Re: is there a ferry from isla mujeres to cozumel?

There is no ferry and I've not heard of any private trips. I would imgaine it would a long and very expensive boat ride, even if you could find someone to take you. The ferry from PDC to Cozumel takes 45 minutes and Isla is about an hour south of PDC. Since I'm not a boater I've no idea whether the conditions would even allow such a trip.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,074 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: is there a ferry from isla mujeres to cozumel?

You're going to have to go by land to Playa del Carmen and catch the ferry there.

oshkosh
Level Contributor
114 posts
4. Re: is there a ferry from isla mujeres to cozumel?

Thanks for the info.

5. Re: is there a ferry from isla mujeres to cozumel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 28, 2012