We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What about this Phobia of "signing & wearing a bracelet'?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Crane Lake...
Level Contributor
536 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
What about this Phobia of "signing & wearing a bracelet'?

It seems like every other review about an " all inclusive " the writer has a problem with either wearing the little plastic arm tag or having to sign for the drinks or the food. Most of the time the writer says it distrubes their vacation or some meaningless reason.

I have yet to find any bar or restaurant (inclusive or not) that sooner or later I don't have to pay, sign a credit card or some other form even if it is charged to a room.

To add to this strange fascination with the tags, on a number of reviews the same writer then bitches about a charge on there final bill.

What is it about this phobia?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,811 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What about this Phobia of "signing & wearing a bracelet'?

When we've stayed at an AI, I have tried to convince my wife as they snapped the bracelet onto her wrist that she now has jewelry from the trip.

That usually results in an even greater jewelry bill.

Ramsey, MN
Level Contributor
227 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What about this Phobia of "signing & wearing a bracelet'?

Haha DMartin, good one. I bet you never make that comment to your wife again!

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What about this Phobia of "signing & wearing a bracelet'?

I love my bracelet! It means I'm in Mexico, not NJ!

Edited: 2:37 pm, January 18, 2011
Baltimore
Level Contributor
174 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What about this Phobia of "signing & wearing a bracelet'?

They could wrap it around my neck and cinch it too tightly...and I'd still be happier than I am in Baltimore :o)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What about this Phobia of "signing & wearing a bracelet'?

Good one NJLynn!!

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
776 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What about this Phobia of "signing & wearing a bracelet'?

This may not be the crowd to ask. Many of us visit IM specifically because we're seeking a non-AI experience. I'd think most AI-goers realize they'll be asked to wear a bracelet. It just sort of goes with the territory, as they say.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
580 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What about this Phobia of "signing & wearing a bracelet'?

Tarris, I'm with you. Too funny!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,433 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What about this Phobia of "signing & wearing a bracelet'?

I'm one of those who is 'bracelet phobic'. I simply won't stay at places that have them. Just not my style of travel.

So, fast forward to our first trip to Costa Rica and we're checking into a small property, Tabacon. Out comes the dreaded bracelet. 'Why?' I ask. The answer was so that we could have access to the incredible hot springs just down the road, and the main reason we chose that hotel. So, I sucked it up and wore the bracelet.... Moral of the story, "never say never".......

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
21,109 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What about this Phobia of "signing & wearing a bracelet'?

We had to wear one in Costa Rica also even though it was not all-inclusive. It was for security reasons, and also because it prevented non-guests from using the pool. It's no big deal for me as long as it's a stylish color (J/K) :)

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,023 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What about this Phobia of "signing & wearing a bracelet'?

I've stayed at several AI resorts - some with bracelets and some without. I really could care less. If you go in to town, a lot of other people are wearing them so its no big deal. If you wear one at home, everyone with think you just got out of the hospital. The biggest problem I have with them is I always scrape my nipples on them when I'm in the shower.

Signing can be annoying but you will have to at resorts that have the option of AI or EP. Omni Cancun is the same way. Waiters and bartenders can make it less annoying if they bring the check faster. If I swing bar a bar to grab 1 beer, they should bring the beer and the check at the same time