We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about food at hotel villa rolandi's restaurant

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wandering, Australia
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
question about food at hotel villa rolandi's restaurant

I didn't see the hotel villa rolandi restaurant listed on trip advisor's isla mujeres restaurant ratings. I think I saw a picture posted of the food, with a comment that it wasn't good. Has anyone eaten there lately? If so, how was it, and how much $? Thanks!

Rio Grande, New...
Level Contributor
105 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question about food at hotel villa rolandi's restaurant

As of last January the food was very good and the presentation was fabulous. Four of us had drinks, apps, and dinner, with menu items from "Pulpo (octopus) Cevice" to NY strip steak and it was all great. Every dish is brought to the table under a silver cover and unveiled all at once....it's very nice. We've eaten there about 5 times over the last 10 years and it's always lived up to the upscale price.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
21,112 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question about food at hotel villa rolandi's restaurant

Food is about the most subjective thing you could possibly rate because so much depends on what you order. So it's possible that one person's experience is very positive, while another's is not because they ordered something else. I would say VR's food is over all excellent, but is it possible that you'll order something that won't be? Sure :)

ETA: I found some reviews from last year on the restaurant. Granted it's not the most up-to-date but it should still give you an idea tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150810-d154…

Edited: 9:36 am, January 14, 2011
Pittsburgh,Pa
Level Contributor
379 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question about food at hotel villa rolandi's restaurant

Hello Oregon Jemmy,

The hotel name is Villa Rolandi, and the restaurant is Casa Rolandi. But, if you Google it, you may want to know that there are 2 Casa Rolandis-one in Cancun, the other in Isla. Go to villarolandi.com. If you click on restaurant you can view their menu, although there are no prices posted.

The hotel Villa Rolandi was ranked by Travel and Leisure Magazine (August 2009) as the 3rd best resort in Mexico, I would suppose that their restaurant would be in line with that.

I have not eaten there yet, but have done extensive (obsessive hee hee) research and we are hoping its as good as what we have read!

Jfish

Pittsburgh,Pa
Level Contributor
379 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question about food at hotel villa rolandi's restaurant

Oops! Sorry Orgeon Jemmy,

Here is the link to the menu

http://www.rolandi.com/cri_menu.htm

Wandering, Australia
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: question about food at hotel villa rolandi's restaurant

Thank you for the responses. I am still hoping for replies from forum members who have eaten at the hotel villa rolandi restaurant recently. Private replies are also appreciated. Thanks!

Darien,Connecticut
Level Contributor
559 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: question about food at hotel villa rolandi's restaurant

We have stayed @ the Villa Rolandi twice a year since it opened, the last time being this Dec. usually for 10 days. We have never had a bad meal I look forward to gaining those 5 lbs on our return trip this March. Save the "high table" for me, gentlemen.

chattanooga tn
Level Contributor
150 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: question about food at hotel villa rolandi's restaurant

oregonjemmy-the food is awesome, we have stayed there three times(the fourth planned this march) and have had many great meals. Service and atmosphere overlooking ocean and lights of Cancun are very hard to beat. The menu at night is seafood, veal, pasta and steaks. I love the lobster in grapefruit appetizer and anything with shrimp as well as the pastas. My husband loves the lamb chops and steaks. At lunch the choice is lighter with pizza, guac etc. We also very much enjoy breakfasts, homemade pastries, fresh fruit and juice very good coffee. In the past we have had both breakfast and dinner everyday as it was included for this trip we have breakfast only so we can venture out into Islas other good restaurants but will eat a few evening meals there. Evening meals if you aren't staying there would run $60-$100 with drinks for two depending on what you order. If staying there you can order the meal plan for $40. each which is anything you want on the menu not including drinks.

Edited: 8:43 pm, January 14, 2011
Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: question about food at hotel villa rolandi's restaurant

Villa Rolandi's food is 5-star! The service, view & staff are all incredible. It is a total experience! You will LOVE it!!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
162 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: question about food at hotel villa rolandi's restaurant

Hi there! We are staying at Rolandi right now and have had both lunch and dinner at the restaurant and the food is beyond fabulous !!! Let me know if you have any specific questions about the restaurant or menu etc!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: question about food at hotel villa rolandi's restaurant

Any ideas on the drink prices?