We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa La Joya - Questions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
7,499 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Villa La Joya - Questions

Hi TA Members,

I'm hoping you can answer some questions for me please!

How far of a walk is it to Punta Sur Lighthouse, from this hotel?

Options for meals - I saw El Pueblito on the map and Casa O's I think...are these walkable? Any other places you can think of?

A reviewer stated that they thought they had kayaks for guests..can anyone confirm this?

As always, thank you for any information/suggestions/comments you may have.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Sur
Punta Sur
2,881 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
ny
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa La Joya - Questions

The Punta Sur lighthouse is 3/4 mile away.

El Pueblito is an easy walk... less than a 1/4 mile.

Casa O's went out of business months ago; no need to walk there unless you are thinking of buying the property, which is lovely. However, Maria's Kan Kin just north of Casa O's has a restaurant. Like Casa O's a bit spendy for Isla. Maria's is a little under 1/2 mile and not a straight shot, because the unfinished Unik resort has been built across the road. Nothing else for dining nearby. Almar Lounge south of what was Casa O's is also closed.

Villa La Joya has had kayaks in the past, but it would be best to check directly with the hotel about the current status, since they are not mentioned on the hotel's website. That is the sort of item that -- once damaged or stolen -- may not be replaced.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Sur
Punta Sur
2,881 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Maria's Kan-kin
Maria's Kan-kin
134 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Hotel La Joya
Hotel La Joya
382 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
7,499 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa La Joya - Questions

Thank you germonds..this is great and very helpful information. I appreciate it!

new york
Level Contributor
20,800 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa La Joya - Questions

WIBS, unless it's something new or I'm mistaken, El Pueblito is not open for dinner, only lunch. Dining options are pretty limited at that end but there are always taxis :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,499 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa La Joya - Questions

Thanks traveler...this is good to know. There's a few options down that end at least. Thanks again! :-)

Evansville, Indiana
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa La Joya - Questions

Yes they have kayaks. I was there in Dec. Great place to stay!

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,499 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa La Joya - Questions

Idillon...seems like you had a wonderful time...thank you for the info on the kayaks.

Sounds like a wonderful place for us to sit and chill out for a couple of nights.

Thanks again!

Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa La Joya - Questions

Yes, they have kayaks.

We stayed there a year ago this past NY's. We stayed for 4 nights. It is peaceful and beautiful.

In the communal dining room, they have an internet computer that is handy if you want to check email.

Dinner options are limited. We walked to some restaurants in the colonias for dinner a couple nights. if you walk down to the turnabout bythe palace resort yoiu can cat ch the bus into centro for about 5pesos. A taxi will be 60-70 pesos. Enjoy your stay!

Ontario
Level Contributor
7,499 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa La Joya - Questions

Thank you BeachnutCanada...I appreciate the response and information. I like having the option of the bus as well. Thanks again!

Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa La Joya - Questions

Taking the bus is a lot of fun.

Here is a link to my review of La Joya, and some photos of the property.

http://www.myislamujeres.com/communicating/open_forum_read.asp?locked=N&entry={8A8B3314-9CAC-47E4-992E-99AE3ABF1060}

Mentioned in this post
Hotel La Joya
Hotel La Joya
382 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
7,499 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa La Joya - Questions

Hi BeachnutCanada...thank you very much..I just read your review..excellent information for us. Take care!