We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which room to choose at Villa Rolandi

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
162 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Which room to choose at Villa Rolandi

Hi! We are looking to book Villa Rolandi for January and would love any feedback anyone can provide. We are trying to decide on a Jr. Suite or Deluxe Suite.

Any tips, etc would be great!

Thanks!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,768 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which room to choose at Villa Rolandi

I could be wrong but I think the only difference between the two is the room size, with the deluxe suite being a bit larger. Otherwise both are ocean view with balconies and have the same amenities.

Level Contributor
7,882 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which room to choose at Villa Rolandi

Sorry my recollection is not that good but when we stayed there the 4th floor was the most sought after...first better views, more privacy for hottub and the ceiling design in room was very unique. I know there have been renovations so not sure what has changed. For sure if you like privacy I would not want a room main or low level looking right at the pool...pretty much open to view. However some people may like that proximity to the pool and beach area...we prefer the views. I sure all locations will be nice and maybe some of the larger suites are on the 4th floor? Enjoy...

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
416 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which room to choose at Villa Rolandi

I have stayed at VR twice and actually prefer the Jr. Suite on the bottom floor as it is directly behind the main pool. The hotel was to "capacity" while we were there but it was VERY quiet. We liked being on the bottom floor and STILL had a great view because the pool level is still above the beach area (its built up) and you could still see the water and across the bay to the mainland. It was actually quite neat because from that angle it looked like the pool and bay were one in the same because the pool has a negative edge. We liked having our room on the bottom floor for pool and beach convenience..... we could slide the glass wall (doors) open and walk straight out onto our patio and then onto the pool deck and beach loungers right in front of our room. We never had a problem getting the loungers right in front of our room. The suites on the bottom floor that are behind the huge jacuzzi have a wrought iron rail in front of them not giving you the same access to the pool area - if you are on the far end you actually have to walk thru someone else's patio to go to the pool. Being on the bottom floor was not really a privacy issue for us - but we dont sleep with the shades open either as we dont want the sun waking us up in the am. If you would be interested in seeing the "view" from the suite we had i can email it to you if you will provide your email address.... ALL of VR is wonderful - enjoy it!!!!! :-)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
162 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which room to choose at Villa Rolandi

Thank you all for your help! We actually booked our trip today! We did book a deluxe junior suite - decided to spring for it and go with the larger room.

Did any of you do the dinner/lunch plan? We get breakfast included and trying to decide to do the dinner option for a few of the nights and try other restaurants the other few nights (going for 8 nights). Thoughts??

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,768 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which room to choose at Villa Rolandi

I would definitely not want to miss a couple of dinners at VR. They have one of the best restaurants on Isla.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
416 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which room to choose at Villa Rolandi

we did dinner at VR every night.... actually their restaurant is considered one of the Top 10 in all of Mexico (per travel and leisure magazine!) Some afternoons we ventured into town and tried some of the local hot spots for lunch but always looked forward to dinner back at VR! so to me, its the BEST of both worlds! (taxi into town is about 5-6 US dollars, once there you can walk anywhere you want to go). We never rented a golf cart as it is really more expensive than taking a taxi - unless you are just really into that sort of thing (tooling around all day on a golf cart....)

7. Re: Which room to choose at Villa Rolandi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:58 am, June 01, 2011