We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hogfamily 2010 Isla de la Mujeres Adventures.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Anchorage Alaska
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hogfamily 2010 Isla de la Mujeres Adventures.

The link below is to our recent trip to Isla de la Mujeres.

We started out in Anchorage with a stop over in Northern California to visit family and friends and to pick up our niece that went with us.

http://tinyurl.com/26rc2e7

Mentioned in this post
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Navarre, Florida
Level Contributor
527 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hogfamily 2010 Isla de la Mujeres Adventures.

Great photos with excellent captions! Can't wait for the next installment!! Do you adopt 50 somethings???

southern ontario
Level Contributor
946 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hogfamily 2010 Isla de la Mujeres Adventures.

I loved reading about your trips on one of the other boards. What a lovely family.

I noticed the boys went for a swim in front of Guadalupana. I always stay in La Gloria but never swim on that side of the island. I was a little shocked as I had never thought it was safe to swim there with the waves and rocks. Please don't take this as criticism of your parenting!!!!!!!! I have seen many locals swim there and dive for shells.

What was the swim like- if you recommend it, I'll give it a go myself.

new york
Level Contributor
20,747 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hogfamily 2010 Isla de la Mujeres Adventures.

Love your trip reports and yes, I had the same question myself about the current, rocky shore, and all around safety of swimming/snorkeling on that beach.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hogfamily 2010 Isla de la Mujeres Adventures.

thanks for posting the link here, always love your family adventures!

As far as the beach, I think it really depends on the time of year.

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hogfamily 2010 Isla de la Mujeres Adventures.

I agree with mapchick, I think the waves and currents are different in the summer and it is often calm enough to swim there. It is rocky however!

And another great Hogfamily report, I love them and look forward to new ones!

Anchorage Alaska
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hogfamily 2010 Isla de la Mujeres Adventures.

I’m glad that you are all enjoying our trip reports. I forgot to mention that if you go back to the top of the page and click on Isla Stories Main Page you can see our continuing adventures, (I’m sure you all figured that out).

susierotolo and travelerNewYork in Adventures # 5 I tell a little about the beaches that we swam at on the Caribbean side.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
southern ontario
Level Contributor
946 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hogfamily 2010 Isla de la Mujeres Adventures.

Enjoyed reading your newest report today. Hope to bump into the Hogs sometime on Isla!

8. Re: Hogfamily 2010 Isla de la Mujeres Adventures.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, February 21, 2011