We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Working out

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
1 post
Save Topic
Working out

We have rented a home on the island for 10 days and are wondering if anyone knows if there is a gym/workout facility that would allow drop ins?

Thanks,

Susan

Alberta
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Working out

I found that I replaced my workouts with swimming / snorkeling in the ocean, long walks, and other physical activities. Even though I ate like a complete glutton on Isla, I ended up 3 pounds lighter when I got home. And no, it was not due to travelers stomach issues, just to get that out of the way. There was one place we saw (I think it was Elements) where they offered drop in Yoga.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,574 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Working out

Unfortunately Elements is closing at the end of the month. There is yoga at at the Na Balam hotel, check out their website for info. Also, I'm not sure if this is true, but I heard that you can use the gym at Aluxes as a paying walk-in. Double check on that. There's a gym near the high school a bit outside of Centro, hard to describe how to get to it, maybe Mapchick's map has it?

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Working out

Slight correction: the public gym is not near the high school (which is on the other side of the island). It is near the middle school.. on the bay side of the island. As you head south from town on Rueda Medina (the harborfront road), you'll go about a mile and turn right just past the middle school wall (before Hotel Chac Chi). Then take the second left and the gym is just past the basketball court behind a wire fence... on your right. It fronts the channel into the lagoon.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,574 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Working out

Thanks, Chatelaine, those directions are perfect and very clear :)

5. Re: Working out

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 21, 2010