We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

latest prices for the ferries from Puerto Juarez.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Dulles, VA
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
latest prices for the ferries from Puerto Juarez.

Going to IM for 1 day while we are in Cancun for a week & I 've been checking this forum, but I see all different prices for the regular & auto ferries from Puerto Juarez. Does anybody have the latest info?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Dulles, VA
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: latest prices for the ferries from Puerto Juarez.

Thank you all for responding. So it looks like the regular ferry is 140 peso pp roundtrip & 440 peso per car with the driver roundtrip. Does it really make sense trying to take the car to IM? Some posters mentioned long lines, waiting & lack of parking space on IM. Please advise.

new york
Level Contributor
20,786 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: latest prices for the ferries from Puerto Juarez.

Speaking for myself, I would not bring a car to Isla. Parking is difficult, especially around Centro, so it would probably end up being more of a hassle than it's worth. Granted, renting a golf cart to tour around the island is not cheap, but you can rent one for an hour or two and pretty much manage to see everything in that time.

KBRZEZNIAK, if you bring snorkeling gear with you, your husband could easily take your son over to the bridge by the Avalon hotel to snorkel. That would keep them busy in case they get bored but I think between the pools and beach they'll be fine :)

Edited: 1:55 pm, March 06, 2010
Dulles, VA
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: latest prices for the ferries from Puerto Juarez.

Thanks traveler.

I'm thinking about a golf cart as well, but I heard it's like $50 from 9 to 5 & they all are gone by noon. We are not early birds so I'm plannign to be on IM by 1pm. Do you think renting golf cart in the afternoon will be a problem? Do you know the hourly rates?

Thanks a bunch!

new york
Level Contributor
20,786 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: latest prices for the ferries from Puerto Juarez.

When are you going? In low season it is not a problem getting a cart, and even in high season, it's the weekends that are the busiest because many families from the mainland come over and rent carts too. We never rented by the hour but I think I remember seeing the prices around 150 - 180 pesos per hour, give or take.

Dulles, VA
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: latest prices for the ferries from Puerto Juarez.

We are going in April (10th to 17th). This is hour first trip to Cancun & it's only for a week, but after reading this forum I'd love to visit Isla Mujeres for one day. So I'm checking all the options to get the most out of it including some relaxing time on Playa Norte. Anobody else rented a cart for a few hours? What are the must see for 2 adults.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Playa Norte
Playa Norte
6,411 Reviews
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
new york
Level Contributor
20,786 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: latest prices for the ferries from Puerto Juarez.

You should have no problems getting a cart then. Easter is over, and it's quieter on the island. I answered (as did Germonds) the "must see on Isla" question in your separate thread, so take a look there for suggestions :)

Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
118 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: latest prices for the ferries from Puerto Juarez.

I used to discourage people from coming here with a rental car, but we had a single woman here recently and she came with her car and she made very good use of it. She was out and about every day and never had a problem (in January) with getting around or parking. I don't know that she went into town a lot, but she did go everywhere else on the island, every day. So I no longer discourage it, for some people it is a good option.

new york
Level Contributor
20,786 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: latest prices for the ferries from Puerto Juarez.

That's good to hear about the parking situation. That's one of the main reasons why I discourage people. The other is all the one way streets in Centro, etc.

19. Re: latest prices for the ferries from Puerto Juarez.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 04, 2010