We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water taxi from Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sooke, BC, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Water taxi from Cancun

Hi, party of 6 wanting to arrange pick-up at Cancun airport ,stopping at grocery store then delivered to marina? where water taxi/panga will be waiting for us to take direct to Villa Verra Isla Mujeres dock.

Is there a company/person I can contact to arrange this?

I would really like to deal with just one company/person so as to reduce the chance of "mistakes" lol...

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,340 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water taxi from Cancun

Ok, I'm confused, but then it's ealy, lol. Are you asking for a water taxi company or a land transfer company that will take you to the water taxi you have already arranged for Villa Vera? Or, are you asking for one company that will arrange land transfer AND the water taxi to Villa Vera?

If it is just land transfer from airport to the water taxi, try USA Transfer. http://www.usa-transfers.com/

I don't know of any company that does both land and water transfer. Hopefully others may have suggestions if that's what you need. Or even Villa Vera may have suggestions for water taxis.

Edited: 7:07 am, March 04, 2010
Sooke, BC, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water taxi from Cancun

Thanks, looking for one company to arrange both. Way less room for "error" is my thinking.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water taxi from Cancun

I use Best Day for transportation to Puerto Juarez and then just catch the ferry to Isla then a taxi to the hotel. Does Villa Vera have it's own dock? own taxis? I'm not familiar with that. Suggest you go through them to book a water taxi. But, I will tell you, I would take one of those ferries over a water taxi any day.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,962 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water taxi from Cancun

Sorry I don't know of one company that does this.

Typically people arrange transfers to the ferry dock from the airport, several companies to choose from, USA transfers, Cancun Valet, Best Day to name a few.

The ferries run approx. every 1/2 hour and there really isn't much chance for anything "going wrong" When you arrive on the island you would taxi to Villa Vera.

Unless, Villa Vera has some kind of special transportation direct to their dock available that non of us know about.

It really isn't that difficult to get from the airport to Isla Mujeres as long as you go with a reputable company from the airport to the ferry.

PA
Level Contributor
230 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water taxi from Cancun

Did the water taxi ONCE. About 10 years ago.

Did ya catch that, "once"?!!

It was an awful ride, we went airborne a few times and we generally feared for our lives. I was so scared, when we hit the shore, I fell off the boat and into the water! Didn't matter much, we and our luggage were soaked from the ride.

Take the ferry!

6. Re: Water taxi from Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 01, 2010