We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chichen Itza and Biodegradable sunscreen

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
WAstate
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Chichen Itza and Biodegradable sunscreen

Will be on Isla for the first time the first week of March. We are considering a day trip to Chichen Itza. Any recommendations on the best way of doing this. We are considering the private tour from Entertainment Plus. Any thoughts?

Does anyone know anything about biodegradable sunscreen? What should one look for when purchasing this product and where can you buy it?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Entertainment Plus
Entertainment Plus
6,254 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,222 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chichen Itza and Biodegradable sunscreen

Lucky you! I did the Chichen Itza tour with Entertainment Plus last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. We did option #3, which included CI, Il Kil and Ek Balam. A long but wonderful day.

You can do a search on them (amazon sells them) - many of the areas around the Yucatan won't let you use regular sunscreen - like Xcaret, etc. in order to protect the coral and fish life. Hope that helps! :)

Mentioned in this post
Chichen Itza Tour
Chichen Itza Tour
461 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Entertainment Plus
Entertainment Plus
6,254 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
1,186 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chichen Itza and Biodegradable sunscreen

E- plus sells one as well as Mexitan and you you can probably find it at health food stores& on Amazon Here's a list of the ingredients that should not be in eco-friendly sunscreens.

If your sunscreen incudes any of the ingredients below it will not be accepted to use at the eco parks.

Ingredients not accepted include:

Octocrylene

Benzophenone

Parsol 1789

Hexyldecanol

Dimethyl capramide

Cetyl dimethicone

Methylparaben

Polyethylene

Propylparaben

Butylcarbamate

WAstate
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chichen Itza and Biodegradable sunscreen

Now I know what to look for. Thanks!

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,322 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chichen Itza and Biodegradable sunscreen

I can see using the Bio in the water, but the Chichen Itza tour I wouldnt think you would need it. It is more expensive, and in my opinion, not as good as the non Bio. The sweat washes it off too easy in my opinion.

Art

Mentioned in this post
Chichen Itza Tour
Chichen Itza Tour
461 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
5. Re: Chichen Itza and Biodegradable sunscreen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 04, 2010