We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Madrugada - Rental

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorktown, VA
Level Contributor
302 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
La Madrugada - Rental

Has anyone stayed here and if so, what did you think of this property? It is a new rental for Lost Oasis; it would be for two adults and a toddler.

I posted in islamujeres.info too. Thanks!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Madrugada - Rental

I haven't stayed here so the only thing I'm commenting on is the distance to town and swimmable beaches with a toddler. For adults the walk might be negligable but with a toddler that's a different story. If using cabs to get around (or golf cart) is not an issue then it's probably a great place to stay. Looks very nice. For myself, if I were going with a young child I'd like to be a little more centrally located to shops, restaurants, etc., and on or near a swimmable beach, but that's just me :)

Edited: 3:59 pm, February 03, 2010
Yorktown, VA
Level Contributor
302 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Madrugada - Rental

Very good point! We usually stay at Nautibeach and trying to save some $$ this year. Looked at Posada, etc, but would like two bedrooms as he goes to bed early and we like have a separate room to relax in. Any suggestions are WELCOME:)

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Madrugada - Rental

If you don't mind staying in Centro, Gladys has a two bedroom apartment. Check it out:

http://gladys-apartment.islamujeres.info/

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Madrugada - Rental

Gladys no longer rents these apartments, but here is a link to who does now....

myislamujeres.com/business/…default.asp

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Madrugada - Rental

Oh, I didn't know. Thanks, Islaforme :)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,521 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Madrugada - Rental

I was thinking of an apartment as well - would work very well . . . but so many book up early, so it just depends when you are going. :)

Yorktown, VA
Level Contributor
302 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Madrugada - Rental

Thanks for all the suggestions. What I'd really like is a 2 bedroom + a pool, but I don't think that is feasible unless we head back to Nautibeach.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,464 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Madrugada - Rental

It is feasable but most likely not within easy walking distance to beaches and restaurants, etc., with a toddler. Again, if taking cabs is not an issue then there are more options for you.

Yorktown, VA
Level Contributor
302 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: La Madrugada - Rental

Actually, I wouldn't be against talking a taxi or golf cart to the beach. My son LOVES to play in a pool, so it is always a nice break after a day at the beach. Personally I could care less about a pool with the beautiful beaches, but keeping him happy makes my vacation more relaxing:)

I would apprecaite any suggestions anyone can offer and thanks again for all the reccomendations. It is appreicated!!!!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,521 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: La Madrugada - Rental

I know a few people with kids that have stayed at a house further down the island - complete house with pool and everything and I think it is under $1000 a week. lostoasis.net/properties/…default.asp Maybe that would work. :)

Edited: 2:35 pm, February 04, 2010