We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Secreto vs Media Luna

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
349 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Secreto vs Media Luna

We just got back from Isla and hoping to steal a week in April. Would be content with Posada del Mar again, but are thinking about either Secreto or Media Luna, to take advantage of the breezes and sounds of the surf. We have seen them both from the outside, so know about the location and beach.

Has anyone stayed at both, and what are the differences in the rooms, services, pools?

chattanooga tn
Level Contributor
150 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Secreto vs Media Luna

Have not stayed at Media Luna but have seen rooms and they are nice. We just spent 9 nights at Secreto and for us it was perfect. Beds are wonderful-pillowtop mattress with feather bed and feather comforter also air condtioner was a trane wall unit (not window type) and was pretty quiet. We just like the look of Secreto but the deal maker for me was reviews about the beds at Secreto which were spot on.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Secreto vs Media Luna

I stayed at Media Luna over New Years and the hotel is fabulous and from I could tell at the time, about half the price! We were on the ground floor, so we were able to wake up, have breakfast and walk straight out to the beach. It was heaven!! The beds may have not been FABULOUS like at Secreto, but the room had everything we needed! The staff were very helpful and at first out water pressure was low; they fixed it in about 2 minutes. Highly recommend it and would not pay the extra $$$ to stay at Secreto; but that's just my opinion.

I guess it depends on whether you want pure luxury or just a great hotel, fabulous views, service/breakfast - they both share the same beach so ......it's up to you!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
212 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Secreto vs Media Luna

Secreto has a bit more amenities inside.

PML has better views and is better outside.

IMHO.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,240 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Secreto vs Media Luna

I've stayed at Media Luna three times. Love the place. It's not fancy, but the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the views are....priceless.

I like the looks of Secreto as well, but not enough to spend all that extra money.

5. Re: Hotel Secreto vs Media Luna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 25, 2010