We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

slow boat versus fast boat with taxi to hilton?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
slow boat versus fast boat with taxi to hilton?

Can anyone give me an idea on how much a taxi will cost from the port of Puerto Juarex to the Hilton?

I can't decide whether it would be worth paying the extra for the ferry that docks on the steps of the the hotel zone and then taxi or just taking the taxi with the faster ferry from PJ. any info appreciated. thank you. enjoying christmas with the locals!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,945 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: slow boat versus fast boat with taxi to hilton?

The one time I stayed in Cancun, we took the bus from the hotel zone downtown, then caught a cab to Puerto Juarez to catch the ferry. Very cheap, although I don't recall the amount.

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: slow boat versus fast boat with taxi to hilton?

If it makes any difference the ferries from Puerto Juarez run much more frequently than the hotel zone ferry.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: slow boat versus fast boat with taxi to hilton?

we'll have luggage with us, not too sure we can struggle onto the bus with it! I don't want to be in shock with a $50 cab ride to our hotel from PJ! Do you barter with the taxi drivers at the port. Would like to know what a fair amount to pay is? Thank you.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: slow boat versus fast boat with taxi to hilton?

I think I paid $25 USD one way.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: slow boat versus fast boat with taxi to hilton?

thank you co_pilot54 - do you think I'll have to barter them down?tomorrow's the day!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: slow boat versus fast boat with taxi to hilton?

Best you can do is find the official rate and get that rate. Maybe ask your hotel concierge.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: slow boat versus fast boat with taxi to hilton?

oh, we're arriving from Isla - perhaps there will be posted rates at the ferry terminal as they do here in Isla. You have been most helpful.

8. Re: slow boat versus fast boat with taxi to hilton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 24, 2010