We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Privelege Aluxes Isla with a baby

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
British Columbia
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Privelege Aluxes Isla with a baby

Has anyone been to Privelege with a baby? I have a four month old and I am looking for tips. Have you used the cribs? How were they? What about cleaning bottle supplies? Buying diapers and formula?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,573 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Privelege Aluxes Isla with a baby

Personally, if I were traveling with a baby, I would choose a condo or something similar so that you have a fridge, microwave, etc., rather than a hotel. Most baby supplies can be purchased in Cancun - they have a Walmart there. :)

Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Privelege Aluxes Isla with a baby

Fully agree w/coalminer, I think a condo would be far more convenient with a baby. PA is not adults only but I don't think it particularly caters to children's , especially infant's, needs either. Not sure about formula but the supermarket on Isla does have diapers, I am quite sure they must carry formula also (after all, people that live on Isla do have babies!).

British Columbia
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Privelege Aluxes Isla with a baby

Too late, we are booking and going soon. : )

New York, NY
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Privelege Aluxes Isla with a baby

I'm staying there in January as well and I've heard that there is a cooktop if you have a suite, but there aren't any utensils or pots/pans. Just a tip, You should bring a pot or plan on buying one somewhere if you plan on sterilizing your bottles. There aren't any microwaves in the room either.

Denver
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Privelege Aluxes Isla with a baby

Mexico with a 4 month old, sounds fun!! Not

6. Re: Privelege Aluxes Isla with a baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 14, 2010