We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Store Please!??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
282 posts
Save Topic
Grocery Store Please!??

Is there a grocery store (a real one not just convenience store) close to Priviledge Aluxes?

Thanks!

T

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
40,642 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Grocery Store Please!??

While it isn't a grocery store, you can find quite a variety of things at the public markets, which are even closer to where you are staying. They are listed on the mapchick map - right behind the 4 eateries that include Alexis & Geovanny, Poc Chuc, etc. They have quite a few staple ingredients like chips, salsa, beans, etc., as well as all kinds of fruits &veggies, fresh fruit juice, fresh tortillas, etc. I actually prefer to shop here for most of my stuff when staying on Isla - the vendors are very kind - just bring your pesos! :)

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,267 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Grocery Store Please!??

**One slight correction in travelerNewYork's directions: As you exit Privilege Aluxes, turn LEFT, not right.**

LOL, I was always somewhat directionally challenged :p

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,642 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Grocery Store Please!??

travelerNY - and that is why we keep buying those mapchick maps! :)

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,267 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Grocery Store Please!??

Yeah, but knowing me, I'd probably hold it upside down, lol.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Grocery Store Please!??

Are these grocery/convenience stores open in the evenings? My ETA is around 5 PM and after checking into Ixchel Beach I'd like to run out and get some provisions for the fridge.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,642 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Grocery Store Please!??

I am thinking the main grocery store is open until 9 if not 10pm. You should be fine. :)

17. Re: Grocery Store Please!??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 03, 2010