We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from la amada to isla mujeres

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
st. louis
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
travel from la amada to isla mujeres

what is the best way? thanks

Dallas, TX.
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from la amada to isla mujeres

You will probably be able to walk out the front of the resort, cross the street, and catch a collectivo or a bus to the ferry terminals.

It looks like the hotel is not far from Punta Sam, where if my memory is correct, that the car ferry to Isla docks. Some folks used to take the car ferry for a cheap sunset cruise. Pack some snacks, a few cervesas, and have a nice slow ride back and forth.

Edited: 1:17 pm, November 29, 2009
Southwest Michigan
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from la amada to isla mujeres

Personally If I were going to Isla for the day (as I assume the OP is) I would not take the car ferry, takes way too long. Take a taxi (or collectivo if available) to Gran Puerto to catch the ferry, the trip across will take about 15-20 min.

3. Re: travel from la amada to isla mujeres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 29, 2010