We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

belated thanks!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
686 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
belated thanks!

I just realized I failed to thank everyone for the advice regarding my recent trip to Cancun, which included a day on Isla Mujeres.

My daughter really had a great time doing the dolphin swim and the shrimp ceviche at Bujo's was some of the best I have had. I don't know that I prefer it to Cancun, but it was a great day other than not being able to use a damned chair or umbrella on the beach.

I would definately go back to spend a day in the future. Hell, I'd go back just for lunch at Bujo's!

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: belated thanks!

Glad you enjoyed Isla and Buhos!

why couldn't you get a chair or umbrella?

Amherst...
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: belated thanks!

I'm not sure why you had a problem with getting a chair or umbrella. We parked in a spot near the Sunset and as long as we were buying drinks nobody bothered us about the ones we were using.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,559 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: belated thanks!

I think by Buho's you have to pay for them whether you're eating or drinking. Not 100 percent sure since I usually hang out by Sergio's.

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: belated thanks!

Along most5 of Playa Norte, one must pay to rent chairs and umbrellas -- unless your hotel is providing them. One of the few exceptions is Sergio's Playa Sol, which gives you use if you are buying from the bar/restaurant.

Mansfield, Texas
Level Contributor
686 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: belated thanks!

Yeah, all the chairs and umbrellas at Bujo's seem to be owned by a hotel. I don't remember what the guy said, but we used them for about 15 minutes before he came by and wanted money. I told him we just dropped $50.00 at Bujo's, but he didn't care. He said they were not associated with bujo's and I needed to pay. I didn't and he proptly picked up the chairs and stacked them up and folded the umbrella down.

No biggie, as we had spent half the day at the dolphin place with my daughter and were somewhat hungover from the prior day. We wandered back up to Bujo's and had one more beer and headed back to Dolphin Discovery to catch the ferry back.

If we had felt better and were not so worn out, we may have stayed for sunset and caught the public ferry back, but I was full of ceviche and nachos and ready to head back to the resort in cancun.

Amherst...
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: belated thanks!

I guess I will appreciate our chairs and chairside service that much more then at the PA!

7. Re: belated thanks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 25, 2010