We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip from cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york, ny
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
day trip from cancun

coming to cancun in august and would really love to visit isla mujeres however i need more detailed information:

1) how do i get to isla mujeres from cancun, will be staying at the cancun caribe park royal grand, I know there are 3 ferries that go to isla but does it matter which one i take and are they safe and reliable?

2) how fare is playa norte on the island and the pescador beach club from the ferries? Are there lockers at the beach club?

3) how much does it cost to rent a golf cart for the day

any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
37,955 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip from cancun

Not 100% certain on the various ferries that leave from Cancun - we always go to Puerto Juarez - I think that is the main one with the most traffic. It's $7 RT to Isla and I believe they leave every half hour until about 9pm, and then it is hourly.

If you take that ferry, playa norte is about a 10 minute walk from the ferry dock. Not sure about Pescador beach club - am only familar with Zama's beach club.

Golf carts are $55 for a 24 hour period, less for just a day rental, which I think is about 8 hours. Still around $45 or so I think.

You can get some great maps of both Isla Mujeres and Cancun from the mapchick - they are more like a complete guide. www.cancunmap.com Have fun! :)

new york, ny
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip from cancun

Thankss!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,577 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip from cancun

Pescador beach club is a short cab ride or golf cart drive from the ferry. It's before Zama beach club. Depending on where your hotel is in Cancun there are ferries from the hotel zone also. But you can always hop a cab to Puerto Juarez and go from there. Those ferries are cheaper and more frequent.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip from cancun

I would definately do a day trip to IM from Cancun! Our 1st year 2 1/2 years ago was wonderful and then last week we stayed 1 week on IM! We love it! Enjoy! Pecus (sp?) is a great place for a meal right on the sand! Renting a golf cart for the day is fun in addition to Garrafon all inclusive day park!!!

5. Re: day trip from cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 19, 2009