We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
summersuntan
6 posts
Save Topic
Transportation

My boyfriend and I are coming to Isla in June.

What is the best way to get from the airport to the ferry? I would rather not spend a ton of money, but I also want to be safe and not have a lot of a hassle. It sounds like Isla is very safe, however I am not so sure about Cancun. If someone could maybe give a dollar amount that would be awesome!

We have been to the US Virgin Islands before with a large group, but besides that this is our first out of the country trip. Any advice would be very helpful!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
91 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transportation

go with usa transfers. i have used them many times and never had the first problem. always on and they have great rates. any questions you have just use the live chat on the web site and they will take care of you. i will never use anyone else if they keep up the great service. and if you have any special request they will help you out .

summersuntan
6 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Transportation

im on a slight budget, so i think i will use best day. maybe with it not being as busy because of swine flu we will have good luck

Bayfield, WI
Level Contributor
169 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transportation

We have used BestDay twice and both times the service was excellent, timely and very easy to book in advance. You can book/prepay online or book 800-593-6259 and get timely service. The rate was $17 person roundtrip. You will receive a travel itinerary via email after you book.

Bestday vans and staff are located outside the airport exit at the far end of the covered walk/parking shelter. Walk right through the maze of hustlers and agents at the exit and ignore all the hassle. Once outside and away from the building, ask and they will point to where BestDay staff/vans are located. Its only about 100 feet from the exit.

Expect a pickup along the way but its just a minor delay. They will also pick-up up staff in Cancun going back to CUN.

I doubt there is a "bad" transfer company as the competition is stiff.

14. Re: Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 am, November 25, 2009