We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who's There, Who Just Got Back, Who's Going?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,768 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Who's There, Who Just Got Back, Who's Going?

Going to be there next week, and would love to hear from those still there or who have just returned about restaurants, beaches, and the progress report of Hidalgo :)

Also, anyone leaving for Isla soon?

Tacoma
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Who's There, Who Just Got Back, Who's Going?

We just returned from Isla on Friday.

It seems like it was pretty slow. A lot of the vendors told us that they hadn't made any sales that day period and were giving us some great deals on trinkets and such. We stayed at Avalon Reef and had the pool to ourselves and were the only ones in the resturaunt more than once, but we didn't mind..

I believe that Hidalgo is still undergoing construction.

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who's There, Who Just Got Back, Who's Going?

I'm going Memorial Day weekend. Friends (who are locals) confirm that the island is very slow without tourist, but not sick. =)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who's There, Who Just Got Back, Who's Going?

My husband and I just got back. We went for a day trip and we didn't want to leave. We wished we had planned our vacation for isla mujeres instead of Playa Del Carmen. The beach was beautiful... it was nice to swim in and there weren't that many people wich was awesome and I just loved the island feel. *sigh*

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,768 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who's There, Who Just Got Back, Who's Going?

Is anything open past 9 o'clock?

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
5,885 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who's There, Who Just Got Back, Who's Going?

Miguel will stay open for you :)

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,768 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who's There, Who Just Got Back, Who's Going?

Miguel is such a sweetie, I know. But I was just curious whether places in general are open around 9 or a bit later, like Adelita's, Faynes, etc.

Seattle
Level Contributor
89 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who's There, Who Just Got Back, Who's Going?

They all stay open till at least l1p, or later, maybe not in this current climate though...

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
91 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who's There, Who Just Got Back, Who's Going?

just got back on the 13th. hidalgo is a mess. what a mess. but anyway we had a great time and the weekend was pretty busy. all the places we wanted to eat at where open except the day when we went to the new mango cafe. did not know that they are only open saturday , sunday , and monday so we missed out. got to eat ribs from the rib man on sunday and they are pretty darn good. i would say this is a must if you like ribs. but all seems to be well on isla . going back in september and try to get a room in the new section of posasda del mar. Roma at the bar said new rooms ready in july. but its mexico and even september maybe pushing it.

Yorktown, VA
Level Contributor
319 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Who's There, Who Just Got Back, Who's Going?

Love to hear everyone is going back!

Unfortunately we are having to postpone our trip. Is it b/c we scared of the flu? NO! Our son's pre-school will put him on madatory 1-week leave after we return!?! Unfortunately I can't take another 1 week off work, so we are going to re-schedule. Our wonderful friends at Nautibeach are great and are giving us a credit.

We are headed to Barbados instead as we have to use FF miles before they expire, but my heart, as always, is with Isla!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
233 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who's There, Who Just Got Back, Who's Going?

We were just in Puerto Aventuras in February, we had been to Isla three times in the last two years and wanted a change of pace.

We should have went to Isla, it has better and a larger selection of restaurants. The only beach in PA is at the Omni hotel and most of it has been washed away. We are divers and the diving in Isla is much better.

We will go back to Isla next time.