We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla this week and swine flu

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, Maryland
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Isla this week and swine flu

My husband and I are scheduled to arrive in Isla tomorrow and stay through 5/4. We understand that their is a travel advisory for non-essential travel to Mexico. We need to decide today if we are going to go or cancel. Is anyone that was supposed to go this week cancelling their trip? Is anyone in Isla now, and have you noticed anything different at the Cancun airport or on Isla since the flu outbreak?

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Isla this week and swine flu

Most of Hildalgo was put back together when I was there in March. =) It looks fabulous!

I am planning to go back May 22 for a long weekend. I am trusting this flu business is done by then. I fly for my job nationally and internationally, and work in schools, I figure I'm at risk anyway so I take all the same extra precautions everyone else is discussing.

Texas
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Isla this week and swine flu

Yea, I checked our flight and as of now its a go, but they start reducing there flights on May 4th, (we leave out May 5th, so I am not sure what they will do) I told my husband the stuff we have had to go through just to have a vacation is absolutely nuts! I am so ready to get out of here. Oh, and I just found out that my kids school might shut down till the 18th. (suspected swineflu) So We have been through the ringer for this vacation! We will remember it always! Sorry for the rant! Just ready to be on the beach! LOL

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
75 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Isla this week and swine flu

Hello:

Regarding the flights, I just received an email from Continental changing my flight for 7:00 a.m. on May 17th, so that does not work for me, since the first ferry from Isla Mujeres to Cancun is at 6:00 a.m. so I decided to stay one more day in Isla Mujeres yeaaa!, now I am leaving on Monday at 9:00 a.m.

I did not pay any fee $$$ for these change.

So I think at these point people needs to expect just to have some scheduled changes.

ENJOY ISLA!!! 4 days and I will be there, my beautiful MEXICO!!!

24. Re: Isla this week and swine flu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 31, 2009