We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June Weather - To Wilt or Not to Wilt?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
June Weather - To Wilt or Not to Wilt?

Just got back from Isla Mujeres yesterday, and are contemplating a trip back with our two children (7 & 10) in mid to late June. We heard VERY conflicting weather reports from Americans now living there.... anybody here with experience? We already have a hot and humid summer (live near DC), but are hoping for some other thoughts. Want to go during this time b/c of summer vacation from school and the whale shark swim tours. Thanks for any info!

Mentioned in this post
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Austin
Level Contributor
323 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June Weather - To Wilt or Not to Wilt?

Well, it will be hot and humid in June, you can bet on that. As far as rainfall, June is the beginning of the rainy season, so there is likely to be a shower or two, but I go several times a year during summer because the crowds are minimal and I have never experienced a full on rainy day, just the occassional tropical shower. I think the benefits of low season (hotel rates,crowds, tourism prices etc.) outway the risks of rain and the high humidity.

new york
Level Contributor
20,786 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June Weather - To Wilt or Not to Wilt?

We've gone many times in the summer and yes, it's hot and humid but then you have a pool and/or the beach so it's all good. Rain was almost always just a quick downpour then it was over. We never had a whole day of rain.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June Weather - To Wilt or Not to Wilt?

I love Isla in the summer :)

The water temperature is just to my liking, so I swim more when I go in the summer.

It is hot, but probably not much hotter than it is in DC, I'd guess. The whale shark tour is a great reason to go during the summer.

I can't promise you that you'll have no rain.

Hopefully I'll be there suffering right along with you in June ;)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,222 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June Weather - To Wilt or Not to Wilt?

and one more other great reason to go - low season prices!! :)

5. Re: June Weather - To Wilt or Not to Wilt?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 24, 2009