We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute transportation issue, any help?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Austin
Level Contributor
323 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute transportation issue, any help?

So I normally book a transfer with Best Day from the airport to the ferry, but I waited till the last minute because I was going to fly standby and wasn't sure what flight I was going to take. The trouble is, with Best Day, you have to book the transfer at least 48 hours in advance, and I'm going to be there tomorrow night at 6:00. I checked out a lot of the others (ie. entertainment plus,AVI,Cancun Valet) and they all want at least $55-60 rountrip and Best Day was only going to be $36. Does anyone know of another service that is about the same cost as Best Day, $60 is a little steep. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Best Day
Best Day
4,689 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute transportation issue, any help?

The Best Day website says they need 48 hours notice for changes in the number of passengers. The website will allow you to make a reservation now for tomorrow. I just tried it.

It wouldn't hurt to give them a call on at their toll free number to make sure.

1 800 593 6259

Austin
Level Contributor
323 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute transportation issue, any help?

Thanks for the suggestion, it actually won't let you complete the transactions, so I called and they told me they couldn't arrange anything within the last 48 hours, so I guess they don't mind missing out on the business. Do you know anything about the buss system, I might give it a shot if it is not too much of a hassle.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute transportation issue, any help?

easy, and inexpensive.

Take the bus from the airport, 40p, they got to the downtown Cancun bus station, take a taxi from there to the ferry, about $5.

or..

Colectivo (shared van) you pay for this at the airport, there's a desk where you pay right as you exit the terminal, a colectivo to Puerto Juarez is $18 one way.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Austin
Level Contributor
323 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute transportation issue, any help?

Thanks! Is the colectivo rate $18 per person, or is that for two?

boston
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute transportation issue, any help?

I also fly standby and always get the public bus and then a $5 Taxi from the bus station. Very easy.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
43,056 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute transportation issue, any help?

I thought I have seen desks for all these various transportions at the airport - what about walking up to Best Day when you get there and see if they'll take you? Just a thought! I always book ahead, but I would still rather do the shuttle than a bus and then a taxi. Good luck! :)

Mentioned in this post
Best Day
Best Day
4,689 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute transportation issue, any help?

colectivo, $18 is for one person.

Don't let the bus/taxi scare you, it's very easy.

For 2 people it would cost you a total of about $13 to get to the ferry.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
137 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last minute transportation issue, any help?

Take the ADO bus to downtown station then taxi over to ferry. It's a great adventure and very cheap! Good eats by the bus terminals in downtown too. We prefer this route because it's fun and adventures!

9. Re: Last minute transportation issue, any help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, October 24, 2009