We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vistalmar

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Vistalmar

Hi. I spent two weeks at the Vistalmar Hotel some twelve years ago and thought it to be an ok place to relax and enjoy the beach proximity. I will be on la Isla this coming october. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Vistalmar updated the hotel in the past few years? I can't seem to find any infos on the web as rates, and facilities included, such as AC , fridge etc. Any infos will be appreciated. Thanks.

California
Level Contributor
569 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vistalmar

Never stayed there. Doesn't look like it has been updated.

I'll post a link in the next message, just in case TA decides that the link isn't ok to post.

Bye!

California
Level Contributor
569 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vistalmar

allmexicohotels.com/quintana-roo/…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vistalmar

Thank you Californiatocancun for your info. I did follow the link you provided. Found no photos nor much details but with a 32 dollars nightly fee I gather they have no AC nor fridge . As things are going now, from what we read here and there, we may settle our minds on the Posada Del Mar. And I will gladly report on the trip when we return. I may have a few other inquieries before we leave though ( october ). Thanks again.

California
Level Contributor
569 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vistalmar

Well, the PDM is my favorite place on the island, so I hope you enjoy your stay!

Bye!

norwalk ct
Level Contributor
499 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Vistalmar

yes the vistalmar has upgraded,you can now get a room with tv and air,and if you see martin you get get a frig,for a few dollars more a day.this will be are 17th years at the vistalmar and would never go any where else,the veiw from the 3 floor is the best on isla,

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Vistalmar

Treasureman. Thank you for answering the post. Your info could come in very handy. We have already booked at the PDM in october but we still need to find another place for the three remaining nights of our vacation ; the PDM having a huge wedding, we are forced to vacate the premises. Lol! True! Last time I stayed at the Vistalmar was 12 years ago and I do have fond memories of the unique view from the balcony, yes. Chances are we will book the remaining nights there, if , like you say they did indeed upgrade a little. Thanks again. PS : I will be reporting on those 2 weeks when we return , end of october. This forum is super duper btw.

norwalk ct
Level Contributor
499 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Vistalmar

please tell martin rosie and steve send there love and we are counting the days tilll jan 14.hes a great man and will help you out with anything you need.im looking forward to the cookouts on the third floor with the catch of the day, and many good friends.its cheaper to catch it and eat it at the vistalmar then go out to eat.ps,he most likely won't remember steve but rosie everyone knows and loves

Michigan
Level Contributor
164 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vistalmar

I've never been at this hotel but I found this web page.

www.islamujeresonline.com.mx/vistalmar.htm

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Vistalmar

Thank you Ami chai for the provided link which I checked of course. Lol this forum has become addictive to me. A good addiction though. Treasureman, I made sure to take note of your salutation to senor Martin. I figure you are a barracuda fisherman in the contests I read about on another link. I had a room on second floor at Vistalmar last time I was there, right at left in the corner after you come up the stairs. I could hear ongoing constructions in the backyard and I think they were building cabins or something. I am really looking forward to go back on Isla. So many great memories. Thanks again for keeping this alive.