We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabanas Maria Del Mar vs. Playa Media Lunavs. Avalon Reef Cl

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Isla Mujeres hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dayton, Ohio
14 posts
Save Topic
Cabanas Maria Del Mar vs. Playa Media Lunavs. Avalon Reef Cl

We will be in Isla in early December and I am trying to figure out which hotel would be the best value and fit for my family (couple in 30s with a 3 year old).

We:

are into laid back/ more personal locations

don't really drink

prefer authenticity

like to walk out and snorkel

are somewhat budget conscious

I have found:

Cabanas Maria Del Mar for $70

Playa Media Luna $125

Avalon Reef $111

Which is the best value/fit in your opinion?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
579 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabanas Maria Del Mar vs. Playa Media Lunavs. Avalon Reef Cl

We've stayed at both Media Luna and Maria's. We much prefer Media Luna. I'm not sure I would stay at Maria's again...although $70.00 is a great rate. If you look at Media Luna check on the condo construction going on 2 doors down. That would definately keep me away.

ny
Level Contributor
373 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabanas Maria Del Mar vs. Playa Media Lunavs. Avalon Reef Cl

The condo construction two doors down from Media Luna stalled last summer -- no sales. Nothing going on there now.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
364 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabanas Maria Del Mar vs. Playa Media Lunavs. Avalon Reef Cl

My wife and I have stayed at (and will be again in a couple of weeks) the Avalon Reef Club. We rent from private time-share owners. We stay in the villas, and love the seclusion. Laid-back beach area, great swimming, wonderful sunset views, and low-key employees. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a laid-back vacation. It's away, but close enough to walk to and through the downtown or north beach area.

4. Re: Cabanas Maria Del Mar vs. Playa Media Lunavs. Avalon Reef Cl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, October 21, 2009