We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which van company is the best?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
hillsboro, or 97123
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
which van company is the best?

we need to hire a van from the Cancun airport to the ferry to isla mujeres

Carroll Gardens
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: which van company is the best?

The regular van now $34 is OK but it stops in hotel zone first then ferry. Yoy ara last one off.

I pay the private and $60-65 plus tips is ok.

It is all rip off. A taxi ftom airport to ferry is about $60 now. But from ferry to aiportis $29. What? and walk across from ferry and up get for $20 to airport. So, same trip is $65 going or $20-29 coming!!!!!! Yes touristas, we don't have no stickin batches! :-) The trip one way is maybe 15-16 miles.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Level Contributor
39,539 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: which van company is the best?

brisk - I have used Best Day twice and have yet to go thru the hotel zone, which I think would add a good 1/2 hour or so to the trip. It is just that they don't guarantee it. The shared van can/does drop off other passengers on the way, but usually, it is just passengers going to the ferry. :)

hillsboro, or 97123
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: which van company is the best?

Thank you everyone this has been a great help

Florida
Level Contributor
914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: which van company is the best?

Going private means you will go directly to Puerto Juarez. This is at least a half hour faster than going through the hotel zone. Going regular means you MAY go through the Hotel Zone first, and probably will, because Puerto Juarez is always the last stop after other passengers are dropped in the Hotel Zone. Exactly how much time you lose in the Hotel Zone depends on how many stops are made. If everybody else is getting off at the same hotel, your trip will be faster than if the van has to stop at 3 or 4 hotels. Once in a while, if enough Puerto Juarez passengers arrive to load a regular van simultaneously, Best Day will send you directly to the ferry -- but it is all a matter of luck if you book "regular" service as opposed to "private."

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: which van company is the best?

I go with Best Day. Best price for the service. Even paying a TA doesn't guarantee the transfer service will be there. They can't help accidents, traffic, etc., etc. This is Mexico. Just relax and enjoy the Mexican time. I wouldn't pay $70 to get to the airport unless I was very, very late. I have never been taken through the hotel zone when going to/from Puerto Juarez.

Isla Mujeres
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: which van company is the best?

We have used Bestday.com for years and they are profession and reliable. The cost is $17.00 for up to 2 people one way. You must book online.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: which van company is the best?

I would recomend E-Plus as well used them the last 5 trips with no issues.

Have Fun!!!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: which van company is the best?

We've used Best Day, NO problems.;[[';]\

19. Re: which van company is the best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, October 15, 2009